cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add inverter to TH

wing-shooter
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new 2017 momentum 350m. It has zero 12v plugs inside the unit. I want to make the bedside wall plates and a couple of the wall plates that TV's use run off batteries. So need to run a TV or 2 and then just a fan at night. nothing major - maybe 1000 - 1500w ro should I just go bigger? Any recommendations on an inverter brand/size and how to accomplish?
2017 Ford F350 CC SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Momentum 350m
5 REPLIES 5

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 300W GoPower pure sine inverter to run my TVs and small electronics. Has worked well. Its mounted close to my batteries.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use a 300 watt MSW inverter to do what you're looking for.

Well, not the fan - a fan might not work with an MSW inverter.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
i installed a 1500 watt next to my batteries (you want the least loss possible on the low voltage side) then ran romex to an outlet next to each T.V. I split the stock outlet, one is "house" 120 volt the other is "inverter". I installed a remote switch inside my fuse panel that turns the inverter on/off via a relay at the inverter (some have the capability of a remote but cost more). Works great, runs two T.V.'s plus satellite and/or DVD. Inverter is from Harbor freight. Hardest part is running the romex but I was able to follow the OEM wiring and fish it through
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy
In one of my previous campers I tapped into some of the 12v lines that ran nearby. I used a voltmeter and a pin to test. You might find you have some wiring near by. Grand Design might be able to help you in your quest.

As for a fan, one of the best things I ever purchased years ago was a Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze 12v fan. No need for an inverter and it's very low on consuming power.

How big of TV are you talking? Some of the smaller ones can be operated off of 12v power.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couple tvs and a fan? Smaller is better IMO so maybe 300 watts. If you have space near the fuse/breaker panel you can use the main 12v feed for power and connect to the branch circuits you want with a transfer switch. This avoids pulling wire and getting monster cables etc. Just make connections.

I have a 300 watt GoPower sine wave inverter set up like this and it works beautifully. Has a provision for remote switch so with the push of a button instant power.

Any much larger you will need to mount inverter near the batteries and pull wire to the panel to wire it in.