Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: dashboard A/C on the fritz
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> dashboard A/C on the fritz

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

klutchdust: How old are you? You stated that you worked for thirty years on refrigerated containers but on another site you stated that you "wrenched "all your life. Was that on refrigerated containers or on automobiles. I thought when you said that you wrenched all your life that it was in reference to automobiles. Was it just shipping containers?

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ernie1 wrote:

klutchdust: How old are you? You stated that you worked for thirty years on refrigerated containers but on another site you stated that you "wrenched "all your life. Was that on refrigerated containers or on automobiles. I thought when you said that you wrenched all your life that it was in reference to automobiles. Was it just shipping containers?

What's your point. Your question is creepy....

* This post was edited 09/12/17 02:16pm by klutchdust *

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Blend Door Actuator is mounted on the passenger side END of the HVAC Cabinet. As Klutch mentioned, behind the Glove Box. Our 2002 E450 has an SRS Air Bag where a Glove Box might be. We have a knee pad below that runs below the dashboard, from about the top of the doghouse downward. It comes off easily then there's a sheet metal backing piece that also comes off easily. Reach in, palm facing driver side. You'll feel the outboard end of the HVAC cabinet and that square box I pictured on the end of it, parallel to your vertical palm.

I found ours by touch, nothing removed to access the area, and I was inside the coach kneeling between the seats.

[image]

Spot you're looking for will be above, behind (forward of) and to the right of that pipe-like assembly. That pic is from another project.

* This post was edited 09/11/17 06:11pm by j-d *

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

classctioga73

west coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info j-d

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> dashboard A/C on the fritz
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS