Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Camping World, Little Rock Arkansas
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Camping World, Little Rock Arkansas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
karen0460

arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/17 09:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a 2011 keystone montana, $24,500, from Camping World Little Rock Ar., for our grandson who is attending the University nearby. We live in Louisiana. It has been a nightmare from the beginning. The refrigerator was out & totally unfixable, the grey and black water tanks couldn't be emptied, the hot water heater didn't work. The first day of purchase and we and our now homeless grandson were in a hotel. They did pick the camper up, had two blow outs on the way back to camper world, which meant the camper did not make even 50 miles on the tires, I thank God my 19 year old grandson wasn't pulling the camper. They put a new refrigerator, said they fixed the hot water heater and grey/black water tanks. A few days ago I paid $309 to have the hot water heater fixed, now I'm in Louisiana and my grandson is once again in a hotel in Arkansas, because the tanks will not drain. I was told the $798 fee was for the service department to totally go over the camper before it left the lot. We have been ripped off and I am going to contact anyone & everyone to try and get help. It is so sad that a business would lie and steal just to make a buck. I have to consult an attorney because the amount we paid for the camper. Someone needs to step up and take responsibility for the crime. This is something I've never had to face in my 57 years of life. It is a crime.

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/17 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure wish you would've joined this forum earlier; you would have probably avoided that headache! There are many posts similar to yours where buyers are frustrated with their CW purchase. I am sure someone from CW will soon reply to your post and ask you to contact them for help. Once everything is done, please post back the results because all the others don't. Good luck though

Lwiddis

Lonepine, Inyo County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/17 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish you three had throughly inspected the TT prior to paying, or hired a pro inspector. Cold fridge and hot water is pretty easy to check. What written guarantee did you receive?

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet.

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/17 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

go to the header page big yellow box click on email me it goes dirwctky to marcus the ceo

darsben1

near Canada in NYS/ Casa Grande, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/17 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn't you do a walk through before paying. This is where you make sure everything is working or did you believe what you were told? If you believed a salesman SHAME ON YOU
Caveat Emptor is an old saying but is always true.

We have heard /seen this before not only with camping world while I feel sorry for you I also find you partially at fault for not being an informed consumer

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/17 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

your old enough to know never ever trust a sales person, everything should have been checked out before you bought, BUT I agree with you ,they ripped you off. and theres nothing you can do but scream because its a used item and the law says buyer beware,

Good Sam Care Team

Denver

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/17 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

karen0460,
Thank you for contacting Camping World and providing your feedback. Please send a private message with your phone number for assistance.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/17 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To those who have so far felt it is better and more fun to kick the OP in the face than to offer a bit of compassion...

Do you take a ASE Certified mechanic to the car dealer and have them go over your NEW vehicle with a fine toothed comb, seeking each and every little defect before signing on the dotted line? No.

Do you unbox the new Fridge that you are looking at buying from one of the big box stores, insisting that they plug it in, hook up water to see that the ice maker works, and see that the freezer nicely chills your ice cream? No.

Do you insist that the paperboy deliver your Sunday paper to the door, wait for you to check each and every page for proper text placement, insert ad content, and that the comics are present and of a laughable topic before you pay him? No.

Not every person who comes here has the experience in this hobby that many of you have. But it always seems that a select few seem to feel that because of their experience they can belittle people who come here who are often at times at their wit's end. You descend on these people like a pack of starving, rabid dogs, ripping at them with your oh so holier than thou attitudes, then leave them to wonder exactly what they walked into.

Good Sam stand for Good Samaritan...If you remember from the Bible, he was the dude who helped a man he didn't know and owed nothing to...Maybe some of you need to revisit your reasons for being here. Is it to help others, or cast stones at them while they are asking for a little sympathy. If you can't understand that, maybe you need to scrape the Good Sam sticker off the back window of your RV.

Just sayin'

Take it for what it's worth.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BadgerMcAdams wrote:

To those who have so far felt it is better and more fun to kick the OP in the face than to offer a bit of compassion...

Do you take a ASE Certified mechanic to the car dealer and have them go over your NEW vehicle with a fine toothed comb, seeking each and every little defect before signing on the dotted line? No.

Do you unbox the new Fridge that you are looking at buying from one of the big box stores, insisting that they plug it in, hook up water to see that the ice maker works, and see that the freezer nicely chills your ice cream? No.

Do you insist that the paperboy deliver your Sunday paper to the door, wait for you to check each and every page for proper text placement, insert ad content, and that the comics are present and of a laughable topic before you pay him? No.

Not every person who comes here has the experience in this hobby that many of you have. But it always seems that a select few seem to feel that because of their experience they can belittle people who come here who are often at times at their wit's end. You descend on these people like a pack of starving, rabid dogs, ripping at them with your oh so holier than thou attitudes, then leave them to wonder exactly what they walked into.

Good Sam stand for Good Samaritan...If you remember from the Bible, he was the dude who helped a man he didn't know and owed nothing to...Maybe some of you need to revisit your reasons for being here. Is it to help others, or cast stones at them while they are asking for a little sympathy. If you can't understand that, maybe you need to scrape the Good Sam sticker off the back window of your RV.

Just sayin'

Take it for what it's worth.

Well said [emoticon]

BennieH

Johnson Creek, WI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BadgerMcAdams, Well Said!
I do not understand why some people feel they need to attack right away. All of us should be offering assistance rather than criticism.

Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Saturn Aura toad

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Camping World, Little Rock Arkansas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS