cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dingy

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning, has anyone used a PT cruiser stick shift as a toad all four wheels on the ground? im looking for a toad.
10 REPLIES 10

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
DIY, easy if u follow directions
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST

Hoot887
Explorer
Explorer
I have towed pt stick 4 down for 80,000+_ mile with a brake buddy.
no problem but can feel the bb when it is activated.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Licreek wrote:
Thanks yes I am looking at stick shift cars, by the way what about brakes for 4 wheel down towing, does everyone use that radio controlled unit that sits on the driver floor and applies the brakes?

No they don't. I used a brake buddy which sat on the driver floor and applied the brakes.
bumpy

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks yes I am looking at stick shift cars, by the way what about brakes for 4 wheel down towing, does everyone use that radio controlled unit that sits on the driver floor and applies the brakes?

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I towed my 2004 PT Cruiser for about 40,00 miles. It was an automatic and I installed a Remco pump and also the base plate myself Remco has an adapter for the pump. Mounts on the left front shock mount. The base plate comes with excellent instructions and took me about 4 hours to do.
I looked for a PT with manual shift and finally went with the auto. It was great and kept it for 12 years and then sold it and now have a Honda CRV.
The Pt with manual will be great for you.
Busyguy

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Licreek wrote:
Does U-Haul mount and set up the tow bars for toads or do I need to go to an RV dealer for this?

You normally have the hitch installed in the tow vehicle, then buy a tow bar and base plates at your RV dealer and have them installed there.

most Motorhomes have a hitch from the factory with the 7 pin plug already wired.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
I've found the best/reasonable place for base plate installation is a hitch shop.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you have checked the owner's manual for this?
bumpy

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Does U-Haul mount and set up the tow bars for toads or do I need to go to an RV dealer for this?

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a lot of them being towed. I always wanted a PT Woody, but never wanted a straight shift.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog