cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I70 West from Ohio into Indiana

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Just a heads up that there will be a closure making I70 West at the 155MM just out of Ohio and into Indiana a single lane with a tight crossing in the median beginning Friday evening September 8th for 13 days. The backup is expected to be about 10 miles.

There has been a new bridge deck built between the east west lanes. During this closure the West bound bridge will be demoed and the new deck will be slid into place and new approaches constructed.

If you can avoid this I would. Detouring into Richmond on US40 is not a good option. There is so much construction in Richmond right now it is a difficult route without the interstate traffic.

Detour is exiting at Ohio 127 going North to US 36 and then down US 27 South to Richmond and back on 70.

Quite frankly none of these options are good and there will be some very long delays, I would avoid the area. 2 lanes east bound will remain intact but will be utilizing the shoulder. Backups east bound are expected but not as severe.

Think about me, my hometown and my daily drive. I'm actually thinking about taking off and leaving town for a few days.
3 REPLIES 3

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
West bound is back up to 2 lanes. East bound will go to 1 lane late October. Will update then.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
This construction is causing serious backups daily. The delay time to get through this construction site has been up 2 hours on a daily basis.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the information
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited