Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2 Scams
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love getting these calls - when Microsoft, I first tell them to put the caps lock on, then I spell out kiss my - you know what. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't. When they tell me I'll be arrested, I say great - I'll be waiting on my front porch with my hands behind my back. It can be loads of fun!

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/17 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife got a E mail saying that two metal boxes containing $800,000 US was being held at US customs at the port of Texas , they will forward the boxes , all she has to do is pay $480 for customs and $ 85 for freight . I wonder if they will accept a check from Dave54 Nigerian check account . What about it Dave , I am good for it , I will pay ya back !

JohnG3

Morro Bay, California, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/17 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I received several calls from a area code and numbers from a nearby city. Only the last two digits changed for each call. After answering and saying I wasn't interested and was told I was now on their do not call list. A couple calls later I finally had enough and when the scammer started talking I blew my police whistle loud and long. No calls since.

John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are some new ones that I have gotten that are more deceptive. I just ordered something from Amazon and a few days later I get an Email saying my order was canceled call this number or click here. Two days later my order came in I get another email saying the same thing. How did they even know I ordered something from Amazon? I ordered another part for the MH from Ebay and got a similar email. The other ones I have gotten were free $50 gift cards from Walmart and other companies with an egg with $50 click here. I also get notices from Fedex saying we have a package that we could not deliver for you then a final notice one comes the following week.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They don't know you ordered anything from Amazon, they were just playing the odds. I get them for Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, and several others even though I've ordered nothing from any of them. They're just working the system.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS