Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Family campgrounds in Tennessee Kentucky area
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Family campgrounds in Tennessee Kentucky area

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
NCMODELA

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/17 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi. I am new to Tennessee in Nashville and I have 8 kids and a 35' total length camper. I am looking for new campgrounds both private and public We love hiking in the fall. But want some fun family campgrounds too. Can you guys provide some suggestions. We had all of our favorite spots in North Carolina but they are too far now. All of those spots were suggestions from other campers. So that's why I'm asking. You guys know better than me.

Thanks
Bill

welove2drive

Southwestern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/17 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fall Creek Falls SP, not far from Nashville. It looks nice. The 1994 Jungle Book Movie (John Cleese as Dr.)was filmed at the park.

Dave and Marcia
02 Ford F350SD 4X4 SRW Longbed, 7.3PSD Auto
07 Flagstaff 829RGSS

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/17 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the Tennessee State Parks. Not far to Dixon, TN Montgomery Bell State Park. A bit further to Natchez Trace State Park with fishing, Good meals at the lodge, Playgrounds, Hiking trails, an Archery Range, and a shooting range. Going the other way, Cedars of Lebanon with an olympic size pool, Then Defeated Creek COE at Carthage, on to Crossville for Cumberland mountain State Park, or Bean Pot private campground. Or on up to the Smokies and Gatlinberg and pigeon Forge, with everythig you can think of for entertainment. South from Nashville is Henry Horton, with a great golf course. In Nashville, Grand old RV park up on Dickerson road, or Yogis out on Music City drivel COE campgrounds out on the lakes, lots of fun there, but a log of campers and party folks. A hundred miles in any direction will hit a lot of campgrounds.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/17 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, what do you consider a "family" campground? Does it need a swimming pool, arcade games, play ground and organized activities? KOA is directed at family friendly camping......that's their marketing thing. If you just want peace and quiet with hiking trails then TN state parks are wonderful. You didn't say the ages of the kids so we can't be sure of what you might be looking for.

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/17 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seven Points COE just east of Nashville is our favorite campground in the country. Reservations can be difficult for lakefront but off lakefront are usually not as hard to get.

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH 40 w/Cat 7 350
2004 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Toad
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Air Force One toad braking system
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

NCMODELA

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/17 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ages 16 14 13 12 11 7 5. Yes. Pool playground arcade etc. field to play in. Creek to swim in. I have been hesitant of Koa because they are so much more expensive than other private campgrounds unless others know a way to get a discount.

Limit4

Festus Missouri USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/17 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you been to Hillman Ferry Campground in The Land Between the Lakes. I think it would fit the bill other than Arcades. There is a huge water Park one or two exits away. It is about 30 miles south of Paducah.

Bob806

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/17 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Land Between the Lakes is great, with many different campgrounds nearby. Also, check out Cumberland Mountain SP near Crossville.

NCMODELA

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/17 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you guys so much. What would the easiest beach be from Nashville and is there any campgrounds that are good. Ocean beach that is

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/17 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCMODELA wrote:

Thank you guys so much. What would the easiest beach be from Nashville and is there any campgrounds that are good. Ocean beach that is

Straight down I-65 to the gulf. Panama City FL west to Gulf Port MS.

2005 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Family campgrounds in Tennessee Kentucky area
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS