cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia to British Columbia and Back - 8,500 miles

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
In mid-May Yoly and I left Georgia for our first extended trip in our (relatively) new Truck Camper. We got back home on June 31st. I have started to edit about 350 Gigabytes of video and will be posting videos of each day's adventures .... currently up to Day 12 (30 more to go) 🙂 All of the videos from this trip will be posted chronologically in the Playlist entitled "CANADA Bound - 2017"

Georgia to British Columbia

CANADA Bound - 2017 PLAYLIST
18 REPLIES 18

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
billyray50 wrote:
Fantastic trip report! I see you still have the Adventurer too!!

Both the truck and camper are fairly new and this was the first extended length trip we've taken. Both of them performed flawlessly. Both Yoly and I love the openness of the Adventurer's cabin and the warmth of the light colored woods. The fairly light weight of the 80RB (about 2,200 lbs loaded) matches the Ram 2500 capabilities nicely.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic trip report! I see you still have the Adventurer too!!

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
While planning this trip starting in January, one of the ways I researched places to see was by utilizing this forum and other's accounts of places they had been to. One of the threads that intrigued me was something along the line of "What's the most scenic road you've traveled" ? This is where I read several accounts of forum members love for the "Beartooth Parkway". I had never heard of it before but immediately added it to our bucket list. We had been to Yellowstone twice before, once from the north entrance and once from the south entrance but never from the east entrance so we added Yellowstone to the itinerary simply because of the Beartooth Pkwy. I just uploaded the video from that day and we're amazed at how spectacular the route was. Thanks to other members for planting the bug 🙂 Here's a link if you'd like to see this beautiful highway .....

Beartooth Parkway

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
WOW!

Hey Dan 🙂 Next up is from the top of Whistlers Mountain via the Jasper Sky Tram ..... hopefully tomorrow morning.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the kind words. I still have about 15 more videos from the trip to edit yet. Some of them should be really nice as we visit Yoho, Banff & Waterton Lakes National Parks, followed by a stop in Yellowstone on the return leg (east entrance on Beartooth Pkwy) 🙂

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Very nice photography and vidiography. Lots of interesting places to catch up on.

GpnAZ
Explorer
Explorer
First class job on your videos and pictures, really enjoyed going along on your adventure! We just went through some of the same areas this summer, fun to see it through other people's eyes.
2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
c.traveler2 wrote:
Travels with Yoly, You have some very nice videos of your adventures, nicey done!. What video editing program do you use?

I use Pinnacle Studio 19 for the bulk of my editing and I use Corel Studio Pro X5 for slow motion and time lapses which are then inserted into the Pinnacle edit. Glad you're enjoying our adventures 🙂

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Travels with Yoly, You have some very nice videos of your adventures, nicey done!. What video editing program do you use?
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into sharing your trip.

And it's even nicer over the mountains north of you.:B

The north Georgia mountains are absolutely beautiful and they're filled with all kinds of opportunities for truck camping. This week is the first week of fall temps here and we intend to make good use of it. A couple weeks ago, we went with another member here who had just got their first TC and we were helping them get acquainted. We spent a couple nights up on Blue Ridge Lake at Morganton Point CG (Chattahoochee National Forest) and then a couple more nights at Vogel State Park. Videos of both locations will follow as soon as I get the British Columbia trip finished (currently on Day 25 of 42). If you haven't been keeping up, I'd recommend the most recent video (Day 25) as it is medium spectacular 😄

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome!!!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into sharing your trip.

And it's even nicer over the mountains north of you.:B
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Great pictures...really like the drone ones. Thanks for sharing.

There are still about 30 more videos to edit and upload and some of them have really good drone shots 🙂