Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Helping disabled wife and the law? Rest area sign.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Helping disabled wife and the law? Rest area sign.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/17 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edit: Troll wouldn't stop, blocked her.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/17 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DiskDoctr wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

As long as you insist on spouting politics you will get responded to in kind.

Not the time or the place, snowflake. I would invite you to not respond to or about my posts.

And there it is. Not only a hypocrite, but you result to name calling as soon as you realise you're not going to get away with it.

If you don't want responses to your politics then keep them to yourself.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/17 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mortimer Brewster wrote:

Men's rooms tend to be disgusting. I'd stick to the Ladie's.
What if you made up some sort of sign announcing your prescence to temporarily hang on the door?
I have cleaned rest rooms at my parks for years and can tell you that nothing could be farther from the truth. We refer to the ladies rooms as the "hog pens" for a reason. Generally they are two to three time messier and take two or three times longer to clean than the mens.

Mortimer Brewster

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/17 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Mortimer Brewster wrote:

Men's rooms tend to be disgusting. I'd stick to the Ladie's.
What if you made up some sort of sign announcing your prescence to temporarily hang on the door?
I have cleaned rest rooms at my parks for years and can tell you that nothing could be farther from the truth. We refer to the ladies rooms as the "hog pens" for a reason. Generally they are two to three time messier and take two or three times longer to clean than the mens.

No offense meant to your park or RV parks in general. Fueling stations and some Rest Areas are what I was referring to as disgusting.

mama.sylvia

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/17 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your wife is able and willing, have her announce on entering that she is bringing her husband in for assistance, and if that would make anyone uncomfortable she will wait until they are finished. That and your sign (which someone suggested and which I think it an effective way to warn people before they enter) should prevent problems with anyone except the nut jobs (who unfortunately are everywhere).

And I agree, cheers for you for making it possible for your wife to keep travelling. I am not at the point that I need help in the restroom (yet) but if I reach that point, I am blessed with a husband who would also take care of me wherever necessary.

1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Pirate

Northeast Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/17 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to help xfer my wife exactly as you do OP. Been doing it for close to 20 years now. In all that time, I haven't had one person complain about me being in the ladies room.

I prefer to look for family style rest rooms. Luckily, we have a modified motorhome so haven't had to encounter issues on the interstates and rest areas. Anyway, I find that about 75% of supposedly handicap bathrooms are nothing of the sort and can't accommodate a person in a wheelchair.

I thought about making an app at one point to locate family rest rooms for travelers for this situation.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Helping disabled wife and the law? Rest area sign.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS