Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Tree sap remover?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Tree sap remover?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/17 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gasoline.......natures solvent.

Cheap,readily available, and cleans like a white tornado...........And it won't hurt the paint......just don't use it on an EPDM or TPO roof and if you do, do so in moderation.

You just need a modicum of common sense so you don't splode yourself, and don't smoke.

2017 Rockwood Roo 23WS
2013 Keystone Passport 235EXP
2011 Aerolite 185E
2010 Palomino Y4124

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 6.0 DCLB Z71
2013 F150 XLT RCLB 5.0 4X4

I'll be sending you a box in the mail!

tchil

Woodland Park, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/17 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WD-40 works really well on tree sap as well. Especially when it gets on my kids hands.

Ty
2008 Ford Superduty F350CC King Ranch
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

TreeSeeker

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/17 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just found that peanut oil works great on removing pine sap at least. I haven't tried it on any other tree sap. If you don't have peanut oil just use peanut butter.

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/17 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tchil wrote:

WD-40 works really well on tree sap as well. Especially when it gets on my kids hands.

In a pinch I have grabbed a handful of sand or dirt and rubbed that into my hands to remove grease and oil. I used WD on one of my polyester racing shirts recently to remove old oil stains. Soak to rehydrate the stain, apply a dose of dawn dish soap, rub in then wash accordingly. I saved a expensive item from the trash.

marc515

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/17 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hand sanitizer works great
m

Best Regards,....marc & joan

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/17 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

klutchdust wrote:

In a pinch I have grabbed a handful of sand or dirt and rubbed that into my hands to remove grease and oil.

That would be a little rough on the paint wouldn't it? But I guess if followed up with a buffer, some compound and hand glaze, it would definitely take the sap off LOL.

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/17 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

klutchdust wrote:

In a pinch I have grabbed a handful of sand or dirt and rubbed that into my hands to remove grease and oil.

That would be a little rough on the paint wouldn't it? But I guess if followed up with a buffer, some compound and hand glaze, it would definitely take the sap off LOL.

Where was it mentioned or that I recommended using sand on your vehicle, I assume your post is sarcasm filled otherwise take the time to re read my response. I went off topic in response to getting something off of your HANDS. This is what i wrote in part

"In a pinch I have grabbed a handful of sand or dirt and rubbed that into my hands to remove grease and oil.........

daireemt

Churchill, Montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/17 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants makes a 'multi-purpose degreaser' that's the greatest on pine sap I've found. Sprays on and rubs off quite easily. U may have to google Schaeffer's to find your nearest retailer 'cause I don't see it everywhere. Other stuff does work, but if you have really touchy skin,(eczema I.e.) those can be pretty hard on your hands....the Shaeffer's has caused me no problems...

Daireemt--"I'm not anti-social----I'm selectively social."
Dear Wife of 36 years
2004.5 Chevy Duramax
2007 Jayco 28.5 RLS

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/17 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

daireemt wrote:

Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants makes a 'multi-purpose degreaser' that's the greatest on pine sap I've found. Sprays on and rubs off quite easily. U may have to google Schaeffer's to find your nearest retailer 'cause I don't see it everywhere. Other stuff does work, but if you have really touchy skin,(eczema I.e.) those can be pretty hard on your hands....the Shaeffer's has caused me no problems...

Is it this one.
CitrolĀ©
Biodegradable, heavy-duty, citrus-based degreaser with astonishing clean power that cuts through heavy greases, tire marks, adhesives, soot and more.

I did a search on the schaeffer name and their company came right up and all their products.

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/17 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found that Eternabond brand "Eternaclean" works very well on my TPO roof for getting sap off. It comes out freezing cold and the sap just chips off. Don't know what it will do on the paint of the cab though

Proud father of a US Marine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Tree sap remover?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS