cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Mount on outside of Trailer

buffaloKev
Explorer
Explorer
As Football Season gets closer, I would like to put a small TV mount on the outside of my trailer. I bought the PAW International off ebay that allows to easily slide the tv on and off the mount. How do I put this on my fiberglass trailer? I've seen them preinstalled on trailers at the dealers. Assuming its not as simple as just drilling it into the fiberglass(which makes me cringe thinking about it).... Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Check Here for an easy way to mount exterior TV. No drilling required.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
delete

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I did. Mount is all aluminum and I used stainless screws. I drilled clear through the wall and installed a wood backing that is screwed/liquid nails to the wall. The area is under the kitchen cabinet and completely hidden. The mount is very solid. I used Non Sag Dicor to seal both holes and around the mount. The mount did have a cord keeper/hook on the bottom that I used a cut off tool to remove. Much cleaner look. I also installed the cable connection as well that ties into the power antenna/cable connection like all the other drops in the trailer.

https://i.imgur.com/zmjY8rK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jwvecan.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lD4ZRF8.jpg

T4Bama
Explorer
Explorer
GoStick.com. No drilling and very good products. I have the tv mount, fan, outside security light, towel bar and even a shower. It works.

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
WNC wrote:
Anyone know where to buy Kebloc tv mounts from L&W engineering? I have emailed them, but no response.

Call them. A few others have run into the same problem with email. You will have to set up an account first to be able to buy from them but it is a simple and painless process that they can walk you through right over the phone. It is a great product and worth spreading the word to others.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

WNC
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know where to buy Kebloc tv mounts from L&W engineering? I have emailed them, but no response.
2016 Starcraft 289BHS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what a forum member did to mount his TV on the outside of his RV. I still think it is the best outside TV mount DIY I've seen so far.

Well then, I guess his pics are no longer linkable. 😞

Here is the link to the thread with pictures if anyone knows how to search and/or make it work I can't.

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27897136/gotomsg/27897296.cfm#27897296

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

buffaloKev
Explorer
Explorer
After doing some research, think I'm better off just trying to mount on outdoor kitchen somewhere. I have the smaller kitchen, fridge is kinda useless it's so small. May just take it out and get some kind of removable swing mount or something like that.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We installed the tv on a ceiling mount in a bay so it swings up out of the way. The are already enough holes cut into the side of any camper, it would be just one more place to check the caulking.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen those with outdoor tv mounts from the factory which they imbed a piece of solid material during the lamination process of the sidewalls in order to apply the mount later down the assembly line. Some rigs come with a swivel, articulating mount in one of their bays where a tv can be attached for exterior viewing, this would be a little easier to accomplish aftermarket since a piece of wood can be anchored to bay side wall before applying tv mount. Since the occasion to watch tv outside is rare for us we have just used a table to set the tv on. Maybe you could post a few pics after you have completed this project for others desiring this feature.