Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Please Help to find Eclipse spot in Oregon - Yes last minute
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Please Help to find Eclipse spot in Oregon - Yes last minute

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
autorot8

Bend

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/17 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WackAway wrote:

I'm really not wanting to haul 500 lbs of water 500 miles. autorot8 (or others in the know), do you have any suggestion where to fill up on water near Madras?

I don't. I know Costco was stocking up on bottled water, but Costco in Bend is not on 97 and the parking lot would be difficult with a trailer. Wal-Mart in Bend is off 97 bypass and easy to get in and out of, just depends on when you come through. Could also consider Wal-Mart or Fred Meyer in klamath falls. When are you coming through? Also Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer in Redmond, but they could also sell out.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi to pull my Prime Time Lacrosse 296BHS
"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/17 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a 15,000 lb fifth wheel, OP. What difference does 500 lbs of water make? I always take a full fresh tank plus a bunch of bottled water so I have it just in case.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/17 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We decided to go last minute and have found a tranquil spot S of Albany, OR good for 1 night only, still plenty of room. 1 minute of totality. Good freeway and backroad access. PM me for details.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Gonzo42

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/17 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were very fortunate in that we were near West Yellowstone and tried to get near the center of the totality (near Rexburg) but the traffic was (predictably) abysmal. We got as far as 1 mile south of Ashton, ID and it was a perfect full 2 minutes of totality.

MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Please Help to find Eclipse spot in Oregon - Yes last minute
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS