cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite 2018

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I got an email from someone already counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds, until it starts.

Anybody else had enough of this heat?
52 REPLIES 52

BruceH
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
I wonder how many more vendors that the town fathers and mothers ran off and wont be back for 2018? Each year I run up from Yuma and there is less and less.

There are less vendors every year. There were plenty of RV's this year but less vendors than ever.

I have been going most years since around 1994 and I would estimate the number of vendors is down 40% more from the earlier days. There were easily over 200 vendors years ago in the Main Event area and to the east of it, now it is virtually nothing. Rice Ranch used to have about 20 or more vendors on the back side and now they can not even fill the spots along Kuehn Road. Tyson Wells Show was always near full but not so much any more.

There are multiple reasons but a major cause looks to be what was a dysfunctional and greedy town government. I have had multiple vendors tell me over the years they were tired of the fees and over aggressive behavior of city officials and said they would not be back. The local politics seem to be more stable now and so the challenge is to rebuild the reputation among the vendor community and give the vendors a reason to add Quartzsite to their tour.
Nash 24A Travel Trailer by Northwood Manufacturing (6,800 LB)
2,000 Watt Prosine Inverter, 540 Watts Solar, 3024i Controller & IPN
Chevy Duramax (LLY) Extended Cab Pickup

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of places as the big show is over, lots of vendors still there.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
As one show closes down another starts. Look up the Q newsletter or chamber of commerce and see what's going on.

Most will still be going strong.

We often overnight at 88 Shades. Call and if they don't have space ask for a recommendation. BTW they have a pressure washer and oil change station.

Highly recommend Silly Al's and friends reported that the Yacht Club food has improved.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving Texas in a week and heading to Palm Desert. I would love to spend a day or so in Q. I have two questions. Will there be anything still going on or have all the vendors cleared out? Also, will any of the parks have any spaces available or is that just a pipe dream? Obviously, we have never been, but I would love to experience the place if there is still anyone there. Thanks for your replies.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Had a great time for a week down at the Quartzfest ham radio GTG, last week. Nice group of people.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing the roads into town are starting to rumble with diesel pushers on down to some sort of travel trailer.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Just back from a week of riding, still pretty slow. Vendors set up all over but not all. Polmosa road still very uncrowed, high Jolly half full. It's getting there but still slow. 2 more weeks and it should fill fast, a lot wait till after New Years.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to the Quartzsite Desert-Messenger Online Newspaper.
http://www.desertmessenger.com/
Click on the READ link to get the latest online edition.
When in Q it is everywhere as a paper edition.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Does anything happen on Christmas day in Q? Parade? Or just another day?
What about New Years?

from what I've read there's going to be a parade Christmas Day on Main Street ..... as for New Year's Day, maybe Macy's will be in town ....LOL!!
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anything happen on Christmas day in Q? Parade? Or just another day?
What about New Years?

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
NinerBikes wrote:
What happened to this thread? Any new Quartzsite news from someone local?

as far as I can see evryone's setting up for the Winter ... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to this thread? Any new Quartzsite news from someone local?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
RV Travel is a private blog. If you click on any of their page-filled ads they earn money. It's not RV.net.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
was_butnotnow wrote:

Call and complain has had been great. They need to know. Maybee, they'll bring out a portable tower.
Looks like I better bring my HughesNet Gen5 Mobile unit.

NEWS: RV.net did an article on this in their newsletter today.
They have been in contact with Verizon Read it here.

Quartzsite Verizon service

I'm pretty certain that the RV Travel newsletter has no connection to RV.net.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900