cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coffee!

shenanigans
Explorer
Explorer
What is your favorite method for making coffee on the road?

Has anyone tried the under counter coffee makers listed here? http://www.kettleexperts.com/ultimate-guide-counter-coffee-makers/
***Link Removed***

We have taken along the Cuisinart drip machine and found it too cumbersome and large. Advice?
35 REPLIES 35

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
We take the keurig, and Nespresso machine, and recently I received an aero press as a gift from my kids. Makes an excellent, strong, but smooth cup of coffee. Oh yeah, we also carry a stainless 10 cup percolator. Can you tell we like coffee? BTW, cowboy coffee is very good, and you shouldn't get (many), grounds in your teeth if done right.
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

ShannonFromMich
Explorer
Explorer
I don't camp without wine and coffee. I have tried everything because I am a true coffee drinker and now I only use a plug-in percolator because I think it makes the best coffee. I leave my press at home. No filters required.

Brettmm92
Explorer
Explorer
Because of my camper, I started using a french press. It's not only quick and easy but I feel like I have never tasted "cleaner coffee."
And I buy the cheap coffee.
I also started drinking loose leaf green tea and never knew that sh*t actually tasted good.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
A Moka pot when it is just me. A Mr Coffee for multiple people. When there is no power I heat the water on the stove and pour it into the filter basket of the Mr Coffee for the same results.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Large 10 cup Bodum stainless steel insulated French press. Order online. Can't find the big ones in stores
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
As official coffee snobs and slightly proud of it.............I have a french press for me.....and a Kalita Drip for me....a Revereware Pre-1968 stainless perocolator for me........and a one gallon-ish blue speckled enamel pot to make cowboy coffee for a crowd. Then for may wife we have a ROK espresso maker and a stove top steamer for steaming the soy milk. We only use whole bean ground in the trailer moments before use..............and of course we have a scale to measure coffee for the espresso. We have one whole cabinet dedicated to coffee. When you open the door, it looks real.......stainless in there!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
We use a percolator, never need to worry about shore power. We have a supply of percolator filters when those run out we'll just use basket filters.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
shenanigans? Hello? Might just be me, but this may have just been a spam / advertising thread.
It's not just you. I think all the moderators are on vacation.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
French press.
No electricity needed.
Fast.
Easy clean up.
Great taste.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
shenanigans? Hello?

Might just be me, but this may have just been a spam / advertising thread.

Shortie1915
Explorer
Explorer
We're definitely not coffee snobs; before we leave, I brew up a gallon of coffee that I put in canning jars, seal the lids and let cool. Store in pantry and each morning open a jar, heat to temperature, enjoy. Works for us!!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
gbopp, Don't ever question Old-Biscuit. He's the one that taught me to tell the camping neighbors that I forgot my coffee maker. He said don't ever tell them you forgot coffee because they will want to give you some coffee, which is fine but now you have to make your own. I get free coffee all the time thanks to Old-Bisquit.

Does that also work for beer :@

And, I'm going to try the cowboy coffee.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
What is your favorite method for making coffee on the road?

Has anyone tried the under counter coffee makers listed here?

Every under the counter coffee machine I have seen in an RV has warped the bottom of the cabinets. Even saw a few that had burned the bottom of the cabinets.

Mr. Coffee. Plugged in on top of counter. When not in use and traveling it fits perfectly in the sink with the faucet pushed against it. No rattling when running down the road and ready to use as soon as you pull in your site.

>> Albiet I think the post/OP is an advertisement to drive traffic to their site for revenue purposes.

""The Kettle Experts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.""

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Wimsey
Explorer
Explorer
Nespresso - got to have that morning latte
Talboys -- aka 2005 40' Newmar Dutch Star 4011
Traveling home for Wimsey Bulldogs
Spartan Chassis
Blue Ox Tow Bar
2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Towed