Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Coachmen Freelander low point drain valve
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Coachmen Freelander low point drain valve

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
gja1000

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/17 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dear RV'ers. You all have helped me so much in the last year, and I so appreciate it. I have put over 10,000 miles on my Coachmen Freelander and even took a solo trip this month. Everything is going great, except for one little problem, I can't get the low point drain valve open to drain the fresh water tank. The manual says it needs to be parallel to the hose, but it will not budge. Now, it is behind a drawer so it is difficult to access. Does anyone have any advice for how to get it "unstuck". I have a picture of it but can't figure out how to add a picture to my post.

* This post was last edited 07/10/17 03:40pm by gja1000 *   View edit history

gja1000

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/17 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NO ONE has any ideas for me??? I've tried tapping it with a hammer, unscrewing the little tiny screw on top, spraying it with WD40 and it will not budge. I hate to take my RV in just because I can't drain the fresh water tank, but I guess I'm going to have to.

gja1000

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/17 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Success! I sprayed more WD40, put on gloves and viola, I was able to open the valve.

Have RV Will Travel

Reno, NV

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/17 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Coachmen 2018 Prism with the same problem. The is a knob in the back wall of the bedroom and it says, "Low Drain Point". Can't seem to find any info in the owner's manuals.

I see water dripping out just below this knob outside and at the bottom of the coach. It is coming out of a pipe. When I run the water it increases, so, might be the drain is slightly opened on the gray tank. However, can't budge the knob. Will try so WD-30.

Any one else has ideas please advise. Thanks in advance.

Farmboy666

Nc

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have RV Will Travel wrote:

I have a Coachmen 2018 Prism with the same problem. The is a knob in the back wall of the bedroom and it says, "Low Drain Point". Can't seem to find any info in the owner's manuals.

I see water dripping out just below this knob outside and at the bottom of the coach. It is coming out of a pipe. When I run the water it increases, so, might be the drain is slightly opened on the gray tank. However, can't budge the knob. Will try so WD-30.

Any one else has ideas please advise. Thanks in advance.

The low drain is to empty your fresh water holding tank, not much more info needed. Sounds like it's not completely closed, not sure why you think the gray water valve has anything to do with it. They are cheap little valves with small knobs. I replaced mine with a ball valve that has a larger handle. Depending on how it's plumbed it might be getting pressure from the line when you run water and that why it drips faster. My advice is replace the valve.

fred42

Charlotte, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These valves are also on the water heater bypass pipes. I am always concerned that I will snap one of them off by turning it the wrong way. Once I determine the proper direction, I put an adhesive white label somewhere nearby and draw a spiral arrow and the word OPEN on it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Coachmen Freelander low point drain valve
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS