cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Wolf Fifth Wheels

pucknutt16
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to make the jump from travel trailer to Fifth Wheel. Have looked at the Arctic Wolf fivers and I am impressed. Anyone out there have first-hand experience with this brand?
Would appreciate any comments good or bad. Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

neal10a
Explorer
Explorer
The trick is to find out what corners the mfg has cut. Suspension? frame? structure? appliances? insulation? flooring? roofing? windows? warranty experience? tires? electrical? plumbing? furniture? caulking? sealing? and so forth. It takes a lot of home work to study up on those items. Remember glitz seems more important to many manufacturers than how they are actually built.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Busdriver wrote:
Have heard a lot of complaints about forest river products

Maybe because FR is one of the biggest RV MFG's out there. When you sell more of something thats susceptible to problems it only makes sense that your name would pop up more.

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Have heard a lot of complaints about forest river products

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
In my mind weight and quality are directly proportional. A 31 foot fiver that weighs 8400 lbs is not going to be high quality. Better quality fivers end up being heavy. The one you're looking at is about 270 lbs per foot. I think that has got to be about as light as they come. The dry weight of a small Arctic Fox fiver weighs about 350 lbs per foot.

Exactly! Weight is a by product of quality materials.....unless you can afford an RV made of โ€œtitaniumโ€! Beefer frames, thicker walls, more insulation, larger tanks, larger axles/brakes/tires, all have one thing in common.....weight.

When I first heard of the Arctic Wolf, I took a look! My impression is.....they used a name very similar to the Arctic Fox, โ€œ luring inโ€ the unsuspecting buyer. Itโ€™s not the first time a manufacturer used a name similar to a well known, quality item.....to sell their product!

With everyoneโ€™s paranoia about a little extra weight....maybe the RV manufacturers should consider โ€œBalsa Woodโ€! Of course Balsa Wood is expensive....so that would not work in todayโ€™s RV manufacturing! They wouldnโ€™t hold up to use....but they would be light!

Iโ€™ll make the same suggestion, that I regularly use, spend the money you would spend on a low quality unit, on a used, quality unit 5 to 7 years old....and have a far superior unit!!!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my mind weight and quality are directly proportional. A 31 foot fiver that weighs 8400 lbs is not going to be high quality. Better quality fivers end up being heavy. The one you're looking at is about 270 lbs per foot. I think that has got to be about as light as they come. The dry weight of a small Arctic Fox fiver weighs about 350 lbs per foot.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Walkdog
Explorer
Explorer
I do not want to spend over $40k for one, on a budget as in I just purchased a truck to pull it. I'm thinking I should go cheap with entry level stuff and just fix most **** on my own and insulate and well pretty much do a lot that the makers of the trailer do not do

Walkdog
Explorer
Explorer
I'm also currently looking at this brand. Any updates here?

cannchaser21
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the Artic Wolf 315TBH today. I really liked it but this will be my first RV Ive always had horse trailers. Did you end up buying the artic wolf? Do you like it? Any feedback on it would be great!

magnusson
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 265dbh8. Were on our fifth trip now. No issues so far and get compliments by EVERYONE on the looks and the night club ish blue led lights lol. Totally happy with ours so far. Great price for all the fancy stuff your getting IMO. Got ours for $31k otd with a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty.

MikeDRetCop
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I are looking at the Arctic Wolf 285DRL4 for our first RV. The dealer in central Alabama made us an unreal offer on it, but DW won't make up her mind. All she has to do is say yes once and she won't need to repeat it or have time to change her mind.

raiderj16
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased 255DRL4 Memorial day weekend. We've only taken it on one weekend trip so far. Love all the features as well as the layout. I've already had two minor problems though. One is the bed does not go up and down and they're scheduled to look at it next week. The second problem was with the breakaway switch. It seems the wired leading to the junction box from the switch were too short so when I backed it up at home on a short right turn, they pulled out of the switch box.
I'm now waiting to hear back from Forest River for a reimbursement for the new one I installed. It would have took to long to take to the dealer and we are going camping for the Fourth of July weekend. We'll see how she does this weekend. By the way there is one other thing. When you're in bed, the light from the light switches are way too bright. We have to cover them up in order to sleep.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I looked at them and frankly were not impressed. We were looking for Fiver that was larger. Purchased a 2018 41' Grand design Reflection 367bhs.

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Holman rv sales seems to be giving them away. 18000 of msrp

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
The arctic FOX is a great 5th wheel not sure about Arctic wolf