Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 675  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/29/20 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a really, really, really, late start today. Had a long computer call this morning. I managed to take a picture tonight, but don't really feel it's worth posting, so I think I'll just wait until tomorrow.

See ya tomorrow.


If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/30/20 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A PACER?????? Now, THAT was an UGLY car! Lol...

I resemble that remark![emoticon] I had one...1976...I was the only one on the block with one....took a LOT of flak the first time I drove it to work! Actually was a very comfortable car and built like a tank. My daughter loved it and drove it daily to a local college. Finally broke the timing chain at well over 100k miles.

I also had not 1, not 2, but 3 Pintos! Kids loved them and no one ever died in one. [emoticon] All three lasted a long time.

Lastly, that pic of the modded PT 'Chevy' is insulting! [emoticon] I had 2 '57 Chevys, a convertible and a Nomad wagon.


Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
Master Tow dolly
Toyota RAV4


Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/30/20 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I almost bought a Pacer as my first new car. OK, maybe not the prettiest, but it was actually an awesome riding car. Very comfortable due to the wide wheel base but it was probably like driving a greenhouse when you where in hot weather. I ended up buy an AMC Ambassador (which everyone hated as well) and loved it. I am not (and neither is the DW) a fan of the PT cruiser but my choice were so far outside the norm that I completely understand why someone makes the car choices that they do.


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/20 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zigzagrv wrote:

A PACER?????? Now, THAT was an UGLY car! Lol...

I resemble that remark![emoticon] I had one...1976...I was the only one on the block with one....took a LOT of flak the first time I drove it to work! Actually was a very comfortable car and built like a tank. My daughter loved it and drove it daily to a local college. Finally broke the timing chain at well over 100k miles.

I also had not 1, not 2, but 3 Pintos! Kids loved them and no one ever died in one. [emoticon] All three lasted a long time.

Lastly, that pic of the modded PT 'Chevy' is insulting! [emoticon] I had 2 '57 Chevys, a convertible and a Nomad wagon.



Glad you had good service from your Pacer. Evidently, I wasn't the only one that thought they were ugly. Lol.

As far as Pinto's go, as long as you didn't get hit in the rear end, they would run a long time.

What's that they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? When I was young, I had variety of 57 Chevy's. A 2 door hard top, a 2 door sedan, a convertible, a 4 door station wagon. Probably had a couple of more, but that's all I can think of now.

I also had at least 4 or 5 Corvairs. Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoyed driving them as well. Even with some, ah, shall we say, less than cautious driving, I never wrecked one.

As with all cars, there were a few things that were less than ideal, but, I like them, just the same, with the 57 Chevy being my favorite.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

I almost bought a Pacer as my first new car. OK, maybe not the prettiest, but it was actually an awesome riding car. Very comfortable due to the wide wheel base but it was probably like driving a greenhouse when you where in hot weather. I ended up buy an AMC Ambassador (which everyone hated as well) and loved it. I am not (and neither is the DW) a fan of the PT cruiser but my choice were so far outside the norm that I completely understand why someone makes the car choices that they do.




Never even rode in a Pacer. I just could not get past the looks. Lol.

After driving some Volvo's for some years, (from the 80's), with a tight turning radius, the Pt was a welcome addition. The turning radius on them is close to the older Volvo's, which is pretty tight.

I dislike driving stuff that needs 40 acres to make a u-turn.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/20 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I added a few inches to the right side of the stone looking wallpaper, bringing it to the left side of the LR window.

I also started coating the end of the shelving with Lacquer. I got 2 good coats on, and was about to add a 3rd, when I just decided to wait until tomorrow.



[image]

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/20 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also lacquered the area around the entry door, along with the end of the shelving on the passenger's side as well. This area also received 2 coats of Lacquer, along with a light sanding, in anticipation of the 3rd coat, when I decided to call it a day.



[image]



I hope to finish up the 3rd coat tomorrow, along with a few other details as well.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

Senior Member

Joined: 11/23/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/31/20 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When are you going to install the sink? You've already cut the hole for the stove, so you might as well do the one for the sink too.
Did you put some type of finish or sealer on the wall before you put up the wallpaper? Putting wallpaper on bare wood can make it very hard to ever take off if you want to change it later.
What's next after the kitchen area? The bathroom? The living/sleeping area? When are you going to re-install the black and grey tanks?


1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select


Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/31/20 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question, questions! If you follow this thread you know that what happens tomorrow depends upon his mood that day. The answers are unknowable as he does not have a full plan, just a plan that evolves day to day. To those that think I am a hater, that's not at all the truth or I would not follow this thread everyday. I just like to throw my own opinions into the thread from time to time. If I was a hater, I would post what my wife says every time I show her the various posts considered to be progress! She's not a wall paper fan!

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/31/20 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

When are you going to install the sink? You've already cut the hole for the stove, so you might as well do the one for the sink too.
Did you put some type of finish or sealer on the wall before you put up the wallpaper? Putting wallpaper on bare wood can make it very hard to ever take off if you want to change it later.
What's next after the kitchen area? The bathroom? The living/sleeping area? When are you going to re-install the black and grey tanks?



I have given the plywood a minimum of 3 coats of brushing lacquer, some with a brush, and some with a roller. Either way, the plywood has a good cover for the wallpaper.

Trying to pull wallpaper off of bare plywood would likely remove the top layer of plywood along with it. That would not be a good thing.

Everything else will be done in 2 weeks! Lol. If you believe that, I also have some ocean front property for sale in Wyoming...

I do not have the sink that I want to use for the kitchen yet, so I am not cutting that hole until I do. I think I will give the sink counter top a couple of coats of Por 15, just to reduce the transmission of humidity into and out of the wood, to prevent splitting.

As far as what's next? Haven't decided yet. Could go either way.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 675  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.