cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

That Fuel Station Issue Again

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
The old swollen gear issue. I have the GPI EZ8 pump and it's locked up again. About 3 years ago I contacted GPI and they played dumb about the problem but sent me a new pump. I thought some people here mentioned bronze or metal replacement gears but maybe my google skills are weak, I can't find anything. What I see available are the same white plastic gears though I seem to have heard the gears have been upgraded and are a dark tan color. I did the sanding once before but didn't last, that was when GPI sent me another pump. Are we stuck with the same crappy parts? Has anyone used a different brand?
Thanks,
Steve.
19 REPLIES 19

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Do any of you exercise your generators twice a month including using your pump?

Monthly for the generator, and run the pump for 5-10 minutes back into the tank during that time.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
GPI said according to my serial # my gears would be gray. They turned out to be white. Gray now and working.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

dedmiston
joebedford wrote:
In a google search I found rv.net thread 24224087 Fuel Station Repair/Rebuild with an exploded view of the fuel pump. This is where I learned to crack the bolts a bit.

Unfortunately, I can't find the thread using the search function on rv.net.

Weird!

You're trying too hard, Joe. Just paste that thread ID into the URL at the top of the page.

That being said, DUDE, you should be the forum librarian. How did you dig up that thread from seven years ago? Impressive!

Here's a new copy of the photo, just in case the OP's Photobucket account goes away.

Loosen bolts #2, according to the original thread.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:

Not twice a month, just once, and only the genny.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
joebedford wrote:
My fuel pump won't work once the sun has been on the fuel station door for a couple of hours but it works fine in the morning when the sun is on the other side. Always.
Anybody else have this problem with pump not working when sun is on the door but fine otherwise? If so, what was the fix?

Mine turns slower when it is really hot out, but it works.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
In a google search I found rv.net thread 24224087 Fuel Station Repair/Rebuild with an exploded view of the fuel pump. This is where I learned to crack the bolts a bit.

Unfortunately, I can't find the thread using the search function on rv.net.

Weird!

dedmiston
joebedford wrote:
joebedford wrote:
joebedford wrote:
My fuel pump won't work once the sun has been on the fuel station door for a couple of hours but it works fine in the morning when the sun is on the other side. Always.
Anybody else have this problem with pump not working when sun is on the door but fine otherwise? If so, what was the fix?
As someone somewhere else suggested, I cracked the bolts on the gear case 1/8th turn and the pump worked. I guess the answer is sand down the gears or replace them (again).

Photos?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:
joebedford wrote:
As someone somewhere else suggested, I cracked the bolts on the gear case 1/8th turn and the pump worked. I guess the answer is sand down the gears or replace them (again).

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dirtclods wrote:
Yes & No. I mean No & No. Once a month for generator.

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:

Yes to the gen. No to the pump. It never occurred to me. I'll add that to my maint. list.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
RideSlow wrote:
Look up pure gas . org on the google. You can find ethanol free fuel that way.

there are only 4 in the greater L.A. area! That would be tough to do.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Look up pure gas . org on the google. You can find ethanol free fuel that way.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:

I have for over a year.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL