cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
My file of crock pot recipes has disappeared (hopefully only temporarily). I need an easy, few ingredient recipe for pulled pork to be served on hamburger buns.

Do you have a favorite recipe you would be willing to share.
The recipe I used to use had onions, and ingredients that came together into a bbq sauce. It was not too spicy or too sweet, but very flavorful.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)
19 REPLIES 19

darkmind25
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled pork sounds yummy!

darkmind25
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled Pork Sandwich sounds yummy. I saw a video on Youtube. I want to try cooking it soon.

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
Older thread but the holidays are coming so my pork butt favorite.
Local groceries often have pork butts under $1.00 a lb. !
I have the butcher cut butt in half (no charge!) and I cook one cheek at a time and freeze one. ๐Ÿ™‚
I put in the crock pot at 8 am with fat side up topped with one large onion sliced and add a half bottle of Italian Dressing. Set temp 280-300* and it is ready about 5 pm.
It is fall apart tender!
Let left overs cool, put in fridge and the fat can be removed from the top easily.
I have even froze portions for later meals.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Root Beer.

Sounds crazy but works great. Pork shoulder in cooker, pour in a bunch of root beer. Cook as long as you like. Pour out rootbeer, add half a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays, give it another half hour, then pull!

This is how I always cook my pulled pork. I do rub it with my favorite rub though too.

I make it every year for my daughters Oktoberfest party. I started printing the recipe out to give to all the people wanting the recipe. Always a big hit and very simple to make
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

ScottBob
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't be easier...
1 Boston Butt, whatever size fits in your crock pot
1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce
Put in crock pot around breakfast time... Let 'er rip... Go fishing, hiking, or whatever. By dinner time, it's falling off the bone, and ready to pull. Bring along some hoagie rolls from the supermarket bakery and toast them over the camp fire for an extra special treat.

mattmountz94
Explorer
Explorer
I keep it super simple and it turns out amazing everytime. Rub with your favorite BBQ rub and into the pot on low for at least 10hrs. I go till a fork slips in smoothly. No extra liquid added.

I smoke butts all the time and when i am feeling lazy this is my go to. Gets very good reviews.

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Apple juice and BBQ seasoning and a little bit of liquid smoke 8 hours in crockpot. Shred the pork and mix with favorite BBQ sauce.being just 2 of us in use boneless pork loin and have plenty.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

jackalhunter
Explorer
Explorer
8-10 lb pork butt

sprinkle liquid smoke and kosher salt all over it....

cook 12 hrs or so in a crock pot......

Absolutely delicious..... we serve it over rice.....kids fight over it!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!

dhansen871
Explorer
Explorer
If you Google "World's greatest pulled pork recipes" you get over 3 million hits. They are similar but still different, pick something and have a go at it. I have never tasted a bad pull pork sandwich, just some are better than others.
Dave & DW Jodi
Max the Cat (RIP)
SoCal Mountains and Las Vegas

2007 Country Coach 430 Allure
2012 Jeep GC Overland

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
^ beat me to it. dr pepper also works well. will be trying cherry coke next

Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke are great subs for any pork recipe that calls for one being used over the other. I make a pork rib glaze that calls for Cherry Coke and can rarely find it in more than a 10 oz can so I buy a 1 liter bottle of DP instead. Same taste...little if any difference.

OP, this is the crock pot pulled pork recipe I use at times. Good basic that allows you to add whatever additional seasonings you like with ease:

https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-pulled-pork-30356

I half the amt of cinnamon used just because my family prefers it that way.

HTH

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Root Beer.

Sounds crazy but works great. Pork shoulder in cooker, pour in a bunch of root beer. Cook as long as you like. Pour out rootbeer, add half a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays, give it another half hour, then pull!

^x2 Only thing I do different is rub the meat down the night before. Quick, delicious, and easy as could be without the hassle of monitoring a smoker all day !

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
NCWriter wrote:
Can you get Sweet Baby Ray barbecue sauce where you live, Lyn? I use that and sliced onions for pork chops in the crock pot.

Yes, we can buy Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Above poster mentioned Campbell pulled pork seasoning in a bag - that I have not seen in our stores.

Every recipe sounds delicious - well maybe not the cherry coke one - but
now I must pick one.

Enjoy! You've made me hungry. We're halfway through a 10-week trip and I think it's time to get out my little crock pot and buy some pork this weekend.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
Can you get Sweet Baby Ray barbecue sauce where you live, Lyn? I use that and sliced onions for pork chops in the crock pot.

Yes, we can buy Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Above poster mentioned Campbell pulled pork seasoning in a bag - that I have not seen in our stores.

Every recipe sounds delicious - well maybe not the cherry coke one - but
now I must pick one.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer