cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keurig coffee makers for the RV

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for recommendations for the right model of Keurig coffee maker, mostly it will just be me and my wife using it. So which model do you use / recommend?
Proud father of a US Marine
65 REPLIES 65

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
mike-s wrote:
Since a year old thread has renewed life

I thought that I might update My Post from almost a year ago.

As I said I used the K-15 but it was a pain to bring it back and forth from the house each camping trip and I'm frugal (cheap)not wanting to spend a lot to have one just for the RV,I found THIS, half the price works just as well,is smaller,lighter and stores easily.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
DanJoan wrote:
We have a kuerig K15. Makes one cup at a time with no reservoir, so no need to dump and dry.

X2!
Small footprint and works great. We buy our K-Cups from Amazon San Francisco brand about 46 cents each.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
hedge wrote:
I run mine on an inverter so I use the single cup hotel model, 700w

x2. however, I've found for camping we often end up using the Areopress french press instead of the Keurig. all the advantages of a french press w/o the mess, less space than a Keurig, less cost than K cups.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
Since a year old thread has renewed life - here's my opinion. Get a cone filter holder (Melitta, for one). A paper filter, hot water, quality ground coffee, and you have a better cup of coffee than any Keurig could possibly provide. Cheaper (spend the difference on better coffee), more flexible (you can have good coffee with just a campfire), cheaper, and smaller/lighter. You only give up a slight bit of convenience. But if you're camping, so what? Take your time and enjoy better coffee.

"Better" in whose opinion? As has been said, many actually prefer the coffee that comes from a Keurig, so to each his own. Many think Starbucks coffee is great; I prefer the coffee next door at the AM/PM (for half the price). To each his own.

I use a Keurig at home, and a Presto MyJo in the RV. The MyJo is quick (faster than your Melitta), easy, and simple to clean. BTW, in the RV, I use the prepackaged Kcups for the convenience and ease of cleanup (virtually none), but at home I use fresh ground coffee in a reusable Kcup. Again, to each his own.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
ctilsie242 wrote:
I bought a K140 for my RV. The nice thing about it is that you can drain its internal tank, making it easy to winterize the unit. Worked flawlessly for me, until it got "borrowed".

We also use the K140. I got it for the camper because the tank can be drained. I find that I never use that feature as I use only distilled water in the Keurig, and don't see the need to empty the tank between trips. In the winter, I bring it inside and use it as an additional coffee maker when we have company. (and no, I didn't borrow yours :))
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Since a year old thread has renewed life - here's my opinion. Get a cone filter holder (Melitta, for one). A paper filter, hot water, quality ground coffee, and you have a better cup of coffee than any Keurig could possibly provide. Cheaper (spend the difference on better coffee), more flexible (you can have good coffee with just a campfire), cheaper, and smaller/lighter. You only give up a slight bit of convenience. But if you're camping, so what? Take your time and enjoy better coffee.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
I went with the K200 also, we used to have the single cup but that was limited to small cups, and you had to add water for each cup. the K200 can make the carafe for when the wife and I are both drinking the same coffee or we can do individual as I like my dark roast. also the K200 is on the smaller side so it is still easy to store away. when we are dry camping we use an old fashion stove top percolator.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
sonnyw wrote:
You'll need. 1 ton truck to haul it if you fill it with water!!!!

This made me LOL. Seriously.
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

sonnyw
Explorer
Explorer
You'll need. 1 ton truck to haul it if you fill it with water!!!!
Sonny - That's Me
Pat - My Wife, My Best Friend
Bella - My 4 Legged Friend
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
2014 Viewfinder Signature VS-32RLSS - The Old Folks Home
WiFi Ranger
Progressive Industries

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a K140 for my RV. The nice thing about it is that you can drain its internal tank, making it easy to winterize the unit. Worked flawlessly for me, until it got "borrowed".

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
We use the k15 as well. Works good. We have a bigger one at home with a reservoir.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would have the K130 as it is just 700 watts. But I am not a coffee drinker. DW drinks premixed iced coffee on the road. Our home Keurig stays at home.

Jram
Explorer
Explorer
I have my first cup at 5am when i wake up, then one about an hr later. My wife has her cup at about 7am. Then i have my last fix about 7 30ish with breakfast. I like my coffee stronger, my wife likes weaker, niether of us want hours old coffee.

The solution - original Keurig 10 single cup for the Jayco and the bigger Keurig at home.

She gets hers her way, I get mine my way no need to compromise.

WIN WIN

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Got a K200 for the girlfriend. Run it off the 2000 pure sine with remote and 2 group 31 AMGs. Pulls about 130 amps for a few minutes. 30 minutes later the solar panels have recharged that.
No noise from gen, and "free" power.

I dont drink coffee but it does also make hot chocolate and just hot water for instant soups, etc.
Plus like said, hundreds of different cups with their own flavors for different people.