cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want to replace faucet at kitchen sink

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
Are the faucets in an rv the same as residential units? The faucet in my class c leaks and I'd like to replace it. Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
heck I don't want my hubby in MY kitchen, he is more of a pain in the azz then a help ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ HA HA

funny thread

yea just make sure what you buy will fit as intended. I am close to replacing a good kitchen faucet on a newer RV now just cause I hate the crappy cheapo thing and want better. I hate when things are plastic ๐Ÿ™‚ I want metal lol

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, the faucets they install on RV's are just junk... A couple of days ago I had to replace the kitchen faucet and sprayer in our coach with a new Delta/Peerless set I ordered from Amazon because a guide pin for the single lever ball had worn out. You would think these things would last for more than 16 years of regular use!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"If you spend much time doing dishes,..."

And, 2oldman, who do expect do the dishwashing except the MAN of the RV?

I do the cooking only washed the dishes when DW slipped on a trail and broke her wrist.

I replaced the kitchen faucet with one from Costco.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In MY RV the Sinks are standard.. Get 'em at Lowe's, HOme Depot, Sears, Joe's Plumbing, Pete's hardware (Generic names) Mennard's and wherever.

The Shower is different.. This is not always the case.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
phillyg wrote:
Real men wash dishes. Sometimes they dry, too.

:R and :S and :h

IMHO real men don't do that ... real men handle the trash full of paper plates, paper cups, and paper bowls (... and sometimes plastic eating utensils) because:

1. Real men drycamp and then use big plastic trash bags that stuff-store easily until finding a trash can after leaving the campsite.

2. Real drycamping men do the above because the above is easier than finding fresh water out in the middle of nowhere.

3. Real men don't have time to wash and/or dry ... they're too busy fixing stuff that either just broke or ain't broke.

:B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

AmyHowerton
Explorer
Explorer
They are practically the same - they utilize similar fittings, and so forth. Yet, incidentally, RV spigots are excluded from the most extreme stream rates forced on home fixtures in numerous ranges of the nation. These home spigots have their stream rate topped by a circle with a little gap inside the fixture, more often than not at the outlet.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
36guy wrote:
Are the faucets in an rv the same as residential units? The faucet in my class c leaks and I'd like to replace it. Thanks.

Nothing magical about RV faucets. Pick out the one you like at your favorite home center.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
Are faucets in an rv the same as home faucets? Of course not. If a plumber put in such c rap he'd be out of business in a heartbeat.Will a residential faucet fit an rv? yes. Of course. just measure the openings. Most kitchen faucets will have an adapter plate to cover the hot/cold openings and use just the center opening today. Unless you want the 3 hole opening which is becoming harder to find. I chose an American Standard with built in sprayer all in one hole. Love it.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
jplante4 wrote:
Word of caution if you do this on the bathroom sink. If the sink does not have an overflow (mine did not), don't use the drain tailpipe that comes with the fixture. It has a hole that would normally be covered up by the overflow space in the casting that's open if the casting isn't there.

Another thing learned the hard way.

Yep, DW wants a pop up stopper in the bathroom. may also need to replace that sink with on with an overflow.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Real men wash dishes. Sometimes they dry, too.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Word of caution if you do this on the bathroom sink. If the sink does not have an overflow (mine did not), don't use the drain tailpipe that comes with the fixture. It has a hole that would normally be covered up by the overflow space in the casting that's open if the casting isn't there.

Another thing learned the hard way.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:

hehe. The cost of eating on real dishes.

Small price to pay for great meals!!
DW got her big kitchen with 6'+ of counter space so she can easily cook, the least I can do is wash the dishes.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well first it is the faucet then next is the sink!

Two years ago replaced the faucet.

Then this last winter replaced the cheap plastic sink, real Stainless Steel.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

hehe. The cost of eating on real dishes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman