cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

R.I.P. Sully

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
It is with sadness that I pass along the news that one of our long time RV.net forum brothers Gary Sullivan (a.k a. Sully and later, Sully2) has passed on. R.I.P. Sully. God speed.

Condolences to his wife Nancy and to his family and friends.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis
46 REPLIES 46

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We had "interesting" dialogue together here. I'm sorry that he is gone.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Another late responder. I have been wandering on other forums and missed this news. So sorry, Sully was an integral part of this forum and RVing to me. Although we never met in person I feel as though I knew him from his posts. I am sure he is missed by many far beyond his immediate family.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Zman300
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been on this forum in a long time. Just popped in today and I see this news.
Very sad.
I remember Sully. Very knowledgeable, I got him, enjoyed reading what he had to say.

My condolences to his wife Nancy and family and friends.
No RV at the moment.
Looking to hit the road in a year or two.

gonesouth
Explorer
Explorer
I just found this today and have to say I am saddened to hear it. I never met Gary in person but we talked several times as well as PMing and reading each others posts. If all the people who complained about him were as much help as he was, this would truly be an amazing forum. I'm not much for prayers, but God, please bless and take good care of both Gary and Nancy for us all. He will be missed by many.
Currently planning for retirement.....planning to build a small home in Nova Scotia for summers and someday year-round. Trying to sort out a good way to spend winters in central Florida as I can't drive anymore.

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
I was one of the people who "got" Sully. A bit quirky but nevertheless a great source of info and humor. Condolences to his wife Nancy and to his family.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never knew of a Country Coach owner I didn't like. Sully was in the top five. Wish I had met him in person. The years keep slipping away. RIP
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

mdprince
Explorer
Explorer
RIP Sully !! I will miss your posts and opinions. Condolences to his wife and family.

I just found this out today. My wife passed away and I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. I read a few new posts and then entered Sully in the search engine, dam*..............
2006 Revolution LE 40E
2004 Jeep Rubicon Toad/Brake Buddy or
20' Toy Trailer/Quads 'n Dirt Bikes

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
RIP Sully ! Seven years ago Sully helped me map my first trip out west to Yellowstone and points beyond ! Best trip to date and feel I owe him a big thank you ! Prayers to the family.... A great wealth of knowledge has gone to heavens!
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
Took me awhile to take a gent with a picture of a sombrero on his head seriously.... But, his knowledge, wit, and occasional bark or too - well heck, he grew on me...

Sully helped me quite a bit while we were considering the Country Coach line up. A reformed Aerospace Engineer as I recall, and I too am retired Aerospace - so we had that in common during emails and PM's.

RIP, and good thoughts and prayers for his family and close friends.
Smitty

Jeffe
Explorer
Explorer
I had dinner with Gary and Nancy in Albuquerque and had a great time.

At one time, when I was active with this forum, we messaged and talked on the phone often.

Sully was a great guy, who often got a bad-rap for just speaking his mind.
He was a serious contributor to this forum.
2002 Winnebago Journey DL - 39QD
330 Cat with 6 Speed Allison
Toad: 2016 Ford 150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

CDNEO1
Explorer
Explorer
Gary Sullivan http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?n=gary-sullivan&pid=185576856&fhid=27727

I will miss Sully greatly. He was old school and didn't care if his opinion rubbed someone wrong, which is a quality I admire
Chris
1 spoiled Eskie dog, Mindy

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
As I recall, I enjoyed the he@@ out of Sully's often outrageous posts here on RV dot net since '04. There was once a long tread about ahem...people who spoke their minds too often, upsetting the youngsters. Ended up being a 'Free speech' thing, as determined by the monitors, and I breathed a sigh of relief that no sanctions were forthcoming as (I believed) the outrage was directed at Sully.

Thanks for the memories, Sully. Would have loved to hoist a beer with you around the campfire.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
You never had to wonder what he was thinking because he would tell you and sometimes you wished he hadn't. Loved it, my wife was like that also.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Nancy, I just heard about Gary and I'm so sorry for your loss. Gary and I have been RV.Net friends since 2004. The both of us have shared info thru PM's about our breathing problems. I'll as many others will miss his sense of humor! Gary was very candid and outspoken on RV.Net and I respected that! Take Care, Nancy and Gary my friend you beat me there!