cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen or bought one of these ? It appears that Host made some major floor plan changes for the better (IMHO) and has not updated their website.

The website for Host shows both driver side and rear slides, a mid bath and east-west bedroom, but I've been to two camper dealer sites showing "on the lot 2018 models". These pics show passenger and driver side slides with an apparent rear driver side dry bath. Further the units shown have captains chairs located at base of the bed facing a TV /fireplace "tower" towards the rear of the unit. Neither of the dealer photo's are adequate to fully get it and the photos on Host's site are the old model. The one with the best pictures on the North Carolina dealer's web site is provided below.

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about the Mammoth, but this one interests me much more. I toured Host's facility last summer and asked about this model but it appeared they had not recently built any of the Cascade Model and I had to be content to look at the Mammoth. This looks like a major improvement to the last plan. I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit to assess my current truck as a viable option. If anyone out there has looked at/purchased one or has any data, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it on. Neither dealer site has any info regarding a fully configured dry weight nor a photo of the Host weight sticker, which for me, is a problem with how they market the products.

North Carolina Host Cascade
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide
61 REPLIES 61

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
Let me know if I got this right???? new ITC lights.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2018 Host Cascade
2017 Ford F350 DRW Lariat 4x4
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds awesome. I use THIS for pics, works great. Could always make a youtube video, both of these ways are free. Enjoy your new rig.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
tried to post pics, cant get them to upload. As far as the riding in the truck, it's no problem at all. It's not different from our Arctic Fox 996 (dual slide)
weight of the Cascade as equipped is 3950 lbs. which is very comparable to the AF. We can Email pics if you'd like. WE are planing on doing more mods shelf under cabinets over chairs to house our sat. receiver, 40" Samsung TV 4K, Mo-ride swivel mount, installed 32" TV in the bedroom, recess shelf above fireplace for soundbar.replacing faucets to a residential style. more to come...
2018 Host Cascade
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, Very cool. How is it as far as riding in your truck? Your truck handle it well? Pick mine up in 2 months, canโ€™t wait. You should post pics and/or video of your new rig.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
here is the link, you can special order thru Campingworld they are inexpensive for the look you get once installed vs the "blue" effect from the bugeyes. They run less than $15 each well worth it. PM me if you want to see before and after.
http://www.itc-rv.com/product/radiance-x2-overhead-led-light/
2018 Host Cascade
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Qwkdraw21 wrote:
Just picked up our Cascade, we love it, not seeing the bathroom as you walk in is a plus, it's very roomy and comfortable. With the recliners and TV and fireplace in front it's gives a residential feel to a TC. We upgraded the overhead bugeyed lights to ITC low profile 4K, gives it a brighter cleaner look.

Can you link to the lighting?
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up our Cascade, we love it, not seeing the bathroom as you walk in is a plus, it's very roomy and comfortable. With the recliners and TV and fireplace in front it's gives a residential feel to a TC. We upgraded the overhead bugeyed lights to ITC low profile 4K, gives it a brighter cleaner look.
2018 Host Cascade
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

Raystar57
Explorer
Explorer
Bumping this as there seems to be lots of interest in this unit.

Host has a video now with the single recliner and couch config and
it gives a good look at this option. Seems great for just two folks.

Area13 has one now with this config and is discussed in the other Host Cascade thread.

I am in Houston Texas area and there is not much choice to see them.
RV show had some smaller Lance units and they seemed nice.
Gazillion TT units but very limited TC showing.

There is an Austin RV show this weekend and there will be a Host Mammoth to see.
May make a quick jump to see it.

On the Cascade floor plan one thing I like is the rear dry bath with the window.
When you enter the unit you don't see the head right away.

So keep the updates and viewpoints coming as this unit seems to be gaining interest.
I know it has my attention.

:B

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Fastbreak,

I've sent you a PM.
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Sometime if you are in the jackson area or can come here, come see my rig and we can exchange sotories and info. By the way I live almost on Ross Barnett, do you fish Lake Washington?

Bedlam
lakelivr wrote:
Nice rig Faststreak. I can't believe there's another Mississippian on the TC thread. I live up in the De!ta. Don't have a truck camper yet but hope to order a Mammoth sometime after the first of the year. I'm trying to heal up from buying a new F450 right now.
Randy

It took me two years to recover from buying Ram 5500, so I know what you are going through. When you are closer to your purchase, I'll share what I know and Faststreak can give his input so you hear it from a local.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

lakelivr
Explorer
Explorer
I live on Lake Washington about 20 miles south of Greenville. I don't know who I will order from. I haven't even talked to Host yet to get a build sheet. I've been trying to read anything I can to get ideas of what to get/not get. I'd be interested to hear any recommendations you have.

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Lakelivr, what town are you in the delta? I'm in the Brandon Area. Have you decided who you will order your Host from? O wait I see the town Foote, have to look that one up. As you can tell I went to Oregon to get my Cascade. So far love ours.

lakelivr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig Faststreak. I can't believe there's another Mississippian on the TC thread. I live up in the De!ta. Don't have a truck camper yet but hope to order a Mammoth sometime after the first of the year. I'm trying to heal up from buying a new F450 right now.
Randy