cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triplevision HD 360 Antenna

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
We are having trouble with our over the air antenna. First it gave a error code and would not move, took it apart and got it moving and error code went away. The problem now is when we scan the TV for over the air channels none or found! The booster is on and the antenna will turn. We also check the wiring from the antenna on roof to antenna control box inside.
Went and brought a indoor antenna and hook it to TV and still no Chanel's are found!
Thanks for all comments
7 REPLIES 7

DonSmith
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing but trouble with the Triplevision antenna on my 2012 Tiffin Allegro Open Road. Very clunky remote is a poor substitute for a manual rotating device because you have no idea where its pointing and when it stops rotation it can lock up because the wirings inside the flying saucer coils up around the stem. I took the top off of it. the styrofoam disk easily chews up around the rotator stem thus it just doesn't move. Additionally I found that two of the solder joints were disconnected at where they meet the circular band around the edges. I hope resoldering the wires and putting some glue in the styrofoam will improve matters, but if not I think I'll install a batwing. This triple vision looks like it was designed as a science fair project. Junk.
Don Smith
donsmith64@gmail.com

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember the day when you could rotate the antenna manually and it would not give you an error code. 🙂 As others have said, another antenna would be the best option.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
want-a-be wrote:

Went and brought a indoor antenna and hook it to TV and still no Chanel's are found!
Thanks for all comments

Assuming you're in an area where you KNOW there are TV signals (like a city) then check the TV settings.

Make sure the TV is off "Cable" and on "Antenna" before you do a channel search.

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
If, in fact, you are in an area that has a TV signal and you have used two different antennas and still no signal I suggest that you bypass the control box totally and hook directly to the TV. Before you do that make sure that you have the TV set to scan for over the air channels and not cable. It is an easy mistake to make on some TVs. I agree that that antenna is not the best but it still should pick up something.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Junk is an understatement. That antenna has been around for over 20 years even before this company used it with the auto tuner, I've used them in news trucks. Inside there is a foam plate with wire taped to it: that's the "antenna". Over time that tape simply wears out. The wire unravels, and you have a coaster. Trash it and buy a Sensar IV
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
That antenna is junk and is no longer made. Tiffin no longer uses it. Your best bet is to replace it with a Winegard Rayzar OTA antenna.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check you signal routing and TV configuration. Is the antenna connected directly to the TV or is the signal routed thru a switch matrix? Is the TV set to search over the air or cable channels? Did you miss connecting a coax somewhere? Recheck everything that was touched and make sure the connections are tight and at the correct points.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53