cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Home Community

Cass_Sumrall
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a place to re-locate to as a home base for part of the year that is in a temperate climate where we wouldn't mind living year around when we get too old to hit the road in our 34 FT Class A every year.

We don't want to full-time, but rather, have a brick & mortar home as our base for part of the year. We would want a small house with a garage or concrete pad for our RV with full hookups. Ideally, it would be in a community with other like-minded people who also travel part of the year in their RV's, but we don't want a restrictive community with a lot of rules & regulations.

Anyone know of such a "perfect" place?

Thanks,
Cass & Lyn
6 REPLIES 6

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Cass Sumrall wrote:

I assume you are not referring to Lake Weir Preserve - our experience could not be better there!

You are correct - this was a different community.
2017 LTV Unity

Cass_Sumrall
Explorer
Explorer
mkc wrote:
For 2 years we worked with one of the more well-known ones that does a lot of marketing at rallies and are glad we got out before we built. Actually, I should say we worked, they did basically nothing of use. We encountered many red flags regarding design, construction, and cost.

I assume you are not referring to Lake Weir Preserve - our experience could not be better there!

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
For 2 years we worked with one of the more well-known ones that does a lot of marketing at rallies and are glad we got out before we built. Actually, I should say we worked, they did basically nothing of use. We encountered many red flags regarding design, construction, and cost.
2017 LTV Unity

Cass_Sumrall
Explorer
Explorer
Just discovered I never got back to this thread after we found the perfect RV Home Community for us right here in FL. We are building an RV home at Lake Weir Preserve near Ocala with a built in 50 x 18 FT RV garage. Hope to move in next Spring.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I think there are communities like that in south Texas Rio Grande Valley (RGV). I don't know any specifically but have seen ads for them. Probably same thing in Florida but likely more expensive than in Texas. Look for ads in a RV magazine or Google it.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive