Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 129  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I promise to NOT become a fan of the Panthers.......even it Brian and Danica both were to go there.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 04:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. —
Three people have been arrested after an attempted break-in at the home of Hall of Fame NASCAR driver and team owner Richard Childress.

Davidson County deputies said three men were arrested Friday.

Niquan Victorin, 20, of Winston-Salem; Chantz Hines, 18, of Winston-Salem, and Armeka Spinks, 18, of Salisbury, are charged with one count each of attempted first-degree burglary and first-degree trespassing.

After being contacted by the Winston-Salem Police Department, investigators learned that three firearms, matching the description of those used in the Davidson County attempted burglary, had been reported stolen on Dec. 15. Three suspects were then identified.

Davidson County authorities executed search warrants on two homes in the city of Winston-Salem and evidence found connected the three suspects to the home break-in in Winston-Salem and the attempted burglary in Davidson County.

The attempted break-in at Childress' happened at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 17 in the Reedy Creek community in Davidson County.

Deputies with the Davidson County Sheriff's Office said three people armed with military-style weapons attempted to gain entry into the home while it was occupied.

Deputies said Childress and his wife heard a crash at a door on the lower level of their residence. Childress armed himself with a handgun and investigated.

The three people were wearing black clothing and had the majority of their faces covered.

The sheriff said that a window glass beside a door knob on the lower level of the residence was broken and the alarm was activated.

Deputies said Childress fired gunshots at the suspects before the suspects fled.

The sheriff emphasized that due to the North Carolina Castle Doctrine, a person has the right to defend themselves against this type of intrusion.

Childress told the sheriff hat he felt that "the only reason he and his wife were here today was because of God and the Second Amendment."

Victorin, Hines and Spinks were placed in the Davidson County Detention Center under a $250,000.00 secured bond and are scheduled to appear in Lexington District Court on Jan. 29, 2018.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Childress would be one ot the last persons I would try to rob...knowing his passion for firearms and hunting.
(didn't he actually punch Kyle Busch once?)

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard Childress? What's he been up to lately? This is the first time of heard his name in several years....[emoticon]

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thomas, I think your right about Felix. I'm not a fan of any articular team since Robert Irsay moved the Baltimore Colts out of town in the middle of the night. But I watch a boat load of games and follow management or mis-management. I do know that the Panthers would end up with many 4th and 20s. The closet parallel I can think of in the NFL to what Brian would look like would be Cleveland's Jimmy Haslem. That guy has no clue and just keeps bleeding the Brown fans.

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/18 04:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

Richard Childress? What's he been up to lately? This is the first time of heard his name in several years....[emoticon]

It seems Happy was right about his choice of drivers. At least one of them married well[emoticon].
My DW even reacted to Mrs. Austin as in WHO is THAT? I had to laugh because that was my reaction the first time the camera hit her in driver intros.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NASCAR Mulls Team Spending Caps

A little light reading.....

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The top-team owners are getting together to discuss the subject of saving NASCAR from the "slippery slope". Among this group are a few very financially succesful individuals, like Penski, Hendrick and Haas. I'm not falling for it. They're not exactly the type to cut their own throats.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FRANCECAR could cut cost if they wanted to, but for years haven't chosen to do so. Like Cloud said about the Penskes', Hendricks',Gannasis' Haass' and Toyota Racing Development in Cali subscribing to this bunch of BS. And Roush and then Roush Industries, a major supplier to FRANCECAR. Who absorbs the cost of administering and policing this impossible task? Since Ringling Bros. circus went out of business maybe they could move the whole operation over to Circus City! They would fit right in.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll find satisfaction in realizing that part of MY nostalgia is the fact that my man Kyle Busch learned from some of the best. However, even his is a dying breed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 129  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS