cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The View from Your Trailer -- let's see 'em!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
There used to be a thread on the truck camper forum -- "A Camper with a View" or something like that. It would be great if us TT folks could have our own version of that. The rule was that the photo had to include a portion of the door frame or window frame, so that it was clear that the photo was taken from the trailer itself.

(Feel free to break that rule, since there is no way of enforcing it. And who needs rules, anyways? Also, I admit this is asking a lot -- how are you going to produce new photos taken from your trailer, when camping season is at an end? Maybe we will get more participation next summer . . . . )

Anyway, I'll start the game: We got back a few weeks ago from a month of (mostly) boondocking and dry camping in Utah's Uintas, Idaho's Boulder Mtns. and the Salmon Valley/Sawtooths, Nevada's Great Basin National Park, and the Eastern Sierra. I am still struggling with my blog entries for each of those places. But here are my "door shots" from that trip.

This is not far from Washington Lake, Utah. Those are Bald Mtn. and Reid's Peak, each about 12,000 feet. We were camped at 10,000 feet:

Click For Full-Size Image.

This is in the Boulder Mountains of Idaho, north of Ketchum, just after a dusting of snow:

This is in the Salmon River Valley of Idaho, south of Stanley -- that's the Galena Summit area in the background:

This is the sunrise on the Sierra at Onion Valley Campground, near Independence, Calif.:

OK, now it's your turn!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
97 REPLIES 97

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another shot from the dinette -- this is a view of Gooseberry Mesa, not far from Zion NP, in April of 2021. We were boondocking on BLM land:

About our trailer

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Rosa RV Resort Navarre FL
Edit, didnโ€™t realize I went into the TT forum, oh well, still a nice view.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to keep this old thread alive!! This was taken at the end of September, 2021, on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon -- we were boondocking near the East Rim trailhead. There are several campsites there that are right on the edge of the cliff. (And yes, the wheels were very securely chocked.). This shot was taken from our dinette table, looking through the front window:

About our trailer

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Since there is no camping for us now - great idea to go back and remember...

Lake Erie State Park last summer...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
afidel wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Liberty Harbor RV Park

Wow, I hope you're a medical person helping with the crisis, because otherwise I can't imagine why you'd want to be there right now!

/One of my favorite campsites I've stayed at due to what it allowed us access to, but man Jersey City is about the last place on earth I'd want to be during a pandemic.

Seriously? That was taken 2 years ago!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
profdant139 wrote:
Thanks for reviving this thread -- I had forgotten all about it!

And just a guess -- is that the Rockhouse area, north and east of Borrego Springs?

Nope, it's south west of Borrego Springs. Blair Valley off the S2 near Agua Caliente.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Early March of 2020, just before the "stay home" order was issued-- we were boondocking north of June Lake, Calif:

About our trailer

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Liberty Harbor RV Park

Wow, I hope you're a medical person helping with the crisis, because otherwise I can't imagine why you'd want to be there right now!

/One of my favorite campsites I've stayed at due to what it allowed us access to, but man Jersey City is about the last place on earth I'd want to be during a pandemic.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Liberty Harbor RV Park

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for reviving this thread -- I had forgotten all about it!

And just a guess -- is that the Rockhouse area, north and east of Borrego Springs?
About our trailer

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Taken in Anza Borrego Desert State Park a few months ago.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
Santee Lakes KOA, SC

2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I decided at the spur of the moment to take the trailer out this weekend. Wife decided she wanted to work on a home improvement project so I went solo. Couldn't have been a better choice, got 2 days of hiking in and got about 1/4 bed full of firewood for $10 which lasted almost 6 hours keeping the very brisk fall night away.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Beautiful!

Catalina Mountains!!!
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL