Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our Honey Bucket Console

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks to Black'95 and his inspiration
I expanded on that idea to fit our mode of operation. We don't have a fancy porta-pottie, just a honey bucket, and so our Honey Bucket Console. Which I designed, but had a friend of mind make to match our cabinetry.

Just had to share this with ya'all
Thanks Black'95
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
27 REPLIES 27

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Black'95 wrote:

Can you post some pictures of your kitchen unit behind your driver's seat?

Here you go.

It is an all electric B. There is a microwave above the stove burner. I made a cover for the burner that I can use a small butane stove on (or outside) when we don't have power and don't want to start up the generator.

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
JimBollman wrote:

Can you post some pictures of your kitchen unit behind your driver's seat?

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I need to step up my game....LOL! My "Luggable Loo" is stashed in a screwed-down milk crate behind the driver's seat. (I like having the area between the seats open for passage to the back of the van) Great use of space, and adding that always-needed storage for doodads.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Your implementation is much fancier than mine. Ours you pull the porta-potty out to use. We tested ours on a 5 day outing and there was no odor. My wife made a tray that snaps on the front half of the top for traveling to have a place to toss stuff, still room to sit on the back edge if we need an extra seat. It has holsters in the front corners for our water bottles. The whole thing is easy to remove, I have a slide in hold down on the front and a latch on the sides. I plan to add a swivel base to the passenger seat so it will have to be pulled back into the kitchen while seat is being turned then slide back in place.

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Black'95, that's the way we use it also. DW feels that she must defend herself and states that it is only used at night with scented bags and emptied every morn. Faces the "living space" or bedroom.

I modified mine somewhat by adding a map pocket on the front and canvas pockets on each side for the "little" things.

I am never one to leave things as they are, so my next modification was the addition of a folding cup holder to hold my longer camera lens and then I mounted an inverter to convert from 12 volt to 110 volts for small household appliances.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, took it on it's maiden voyage so to speak. As anything you design on paper, then manufacture, then test in the field, there's always something that can be improved on. After a week on the road, can't think of much. Worked like it should when needed at night and when on the road the extra console was a welcome spot for various items opened and not put away. Gave myself a pat on the back on this one.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Davenberta
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar situation in our old tent trailer. My wife named it the "cat box". This seemed to make it more esthetically acceptable.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
"Sir, please get off the pot, step out of the van and keep your hands where I can see them." ๐Ÿ™‚

ROFLMAO! Goodun'
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Black'95, that's the way we use it also. DW feels that she must defend herself and states that it is only used at night with scented bags and emptied every morn. Faces the "living space" or bedroom.

computerbug
Explorer
Explorer
What a great idea. Nice wood work.

gcvt
Explorer
Explorer
I can't even get the GF agree to one in the back, but nice work.
2003 Ford E250 Sportsmobile EB10

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
SWEET!

CSG
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, but that's disgusting. (but the woodwork's nice)
2001 GMC EC 2500HD, 4x4, 6.0 V8
2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse
2002 Lexus Land Cruiser (LX470)

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Davidd
LOL
john ' I am Canadian '