cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GNB batteries

Suffacated
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here ever tried out GNB industrial batteries?

6 REPLIES 6

Suffacated
Explorer
Explorer
Going on 5 years....
0 problems...
I almost forgot that I have batt's.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
FREE you did nothing wrong. Enjoy.

Suffacated
Explorer
Explorer
3 years with no issues.
Geez.... I wonder what I did wrong?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Like any calcium/calcium UPS battery these have a specific purpose. Pack enough of them to allow INFREQUENT 20% depth of discharge (80% remaining) service for power outages. 5,000 ampere hours worth of these batteries will power a telecommunications tower for a long time. Who cares about weight - the earth does not need overload boosters.

Calcium calcium loses about 1% per month internal discharge, does not require any servicing whatsoever therefore they are ideal as solid ground UPS batteries.

Calcium calcium non-AGM batteries make TERRIBLE deep cycle batteries. How terrible you may ask? They can survive FEWER 50% depth of discharge cycles than a good quality ENGINE STARTING battery.

Suffacated
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your reply.
I was told that these have a service life of 20 years?
I have seen many that were over 10 years old still in service.
I was curious as to how they would work in an RV application?
I have 6 of these and while trying them out I have been able to run 12 overhead lights plus an inverter powering a TV for 14 hrs. The voltage meter showed 12.30 after 14 hrs of use.
I don't know if this is good or bad but I figured since they were free, it might be worth a try.

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
The railroad used them for a while as back up for signal equipment but found they didn't hold up as well as the Ni-Cad batteries. That one in the pic plus 5 more to give you 12V would be mighty heavy and bulky for most RV's
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy