cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing the Dishwasher

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
We've solved our refrigerator and washer/dryer problems by installing them in the storage shed at our winter site. But that's not practical when it comes to dishwashers.

While looking for a camper more suitable for six-month stays we've run across washer/dryer prepped space. Has anyone put a dishwasher here instead of the clothes machines? Any reason it couldn't work? :@
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."
19 REPLIES 19

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Snowbirds here -I would put a dishwasher in if I had the space, but I have built in cabinets in all the available space.
We solved the washer/drier problem with a dockbox directly behind the trailer and have regular home size ones from Lowes
I plumbed it from my water supply and into my sewer hook up and I wired it underground from my electric post

Guy

tadpoleclean
Explorer
Explorer
This option looks like it could be interesting and not require installation... available only for pre-orders for now, though. Has anybody used something like this?

https://www.mini-dishwasher.com/maddy

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
I solved my lack of dishwasher problem last winter.......made dh do the dishes ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ He fell for the "I cooked, you do dishes" plan I had in mind. BWAHAHAHAHA

Exactly. We started full timing 16 years ago, so haven't had a dishwasher for that number of years. We take turns, who ever doesn't cook, washes up. And I keep a dishpan in the sink to collect small items, so when I have to do 20 sec hand washes, I go ahead and do whatever is in the sink. Hands AND dishes are cleaned and rinsed, and life goes on.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

speed2020
Explorer
Explorer
I am of the same opinion that my family wonโ€™t survive only on hand washing and paper plates, because we did so for some time like a month. We used to do this and my wife was a dishwasher and I was a cooker, because I am chief cook ๐Ÿ™‚ But it was awful, because my dear wife was so tired after every meal. So I finally bought a dishwasher from https://ianboer.com.au and finally made our life better. We bought a big dishwasher which is very convenient for our needs, to wash all the dishes after a great meal.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has a really good dishwasher - ME.

She is the cooker, I am the eater and dishwasher.
Sounds good to me.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
I have to go along with the others, it's just us two so we have few dishes and we get them done in 5 minutes. Save your money for important things like eating out and entertainment.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Mootpoint wrote:
I sleep with my dishwasher. DW is a DW.

What did you do before you had a dishwasher?

Made do. What did you do before you had a car?
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
I sleep with my dishwasher. DW is a DW.

What did you do before you had a dishwasher?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
Have a dish washer in the kitchen that we have not turned on in at least 20 years and when in Florida its paper plates and we take turns on who is washing any thing else that can,t throw away,

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas and advice. I hadn't given any consideration to the Vesta-sized washers but reviews look good and it would save space in a washer/dryer area so my DW could have more closet or storage space.

Hand washing and paper plates are fine with us for a few days, but not five or six months.

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Same as some of the other guys. Wife cooks, I do the dishes. I cook she does the dishes. Works for us.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just installed a Vesta in the MH. We can hand wash for a couple of weeks. Now that we snowbird, the dishes just never seem to come clean enough.

We we don't have an oven below the cooktop, we sacrificed the pots and pans cabinet underneath. Made us rearrange some stuff. Just did a leak test using some dirty dishes from the house. Worked great. Required some woodworking skills, electrical work and plumbing. I'm better than a hack but not a craftsman. Not brain damage.

Best price was on Amazon. Beat CW's best Internet price by $100.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
My lovely married the dishwasher.
She is such a fantastic cook I gladly do the dishes.
The nights I cook/grill she does the dishes.
Oh and by the way I hate paper plates.
jesseannie

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We use paper plates and paper bowls (not Styrofoam) and only have to wash cups and silverware. We cook a lot in the microwave or on the grill and don't have many pots and pans to wash. Saves water, saves room in grey tank, saves arguments about who is going to do the dishes!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi