cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good news for picture posting!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our moderator for the Technology Corner forum, 1492, has done all of us a great big favor. He developed an app that can be used to post pictures here on the forum which greatly simplifies the task.

All you need do to post pictures now is click on the picture posting app located at this link (I suggest you bookmark it for the time being), drag your picture into the box or click the "Select" button to find it on your computer, and then copy/paste the resulting URL into your post. The picture will be automatically re-sized to the forum limits of 640x480 if it is larger than that and will show up in your post.

Once again, the steps to post a picture into your post are:
1. Drag your picture from your computer into the box (or click on the "select" button to find it on your computer or other source).

2. Copy the resulting URL and then paste it directly into your post. Do not make any additions or subtractions to the URL.

There is no need to worry about re-sizing the picture anymore and/or getting the wrong result. Just copy/paste the URL from the app into your post without doing anything to it.

There is also no need for a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket. The app takes care of it all for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you enjoy this and we owe 1492 a beer or two if/when any of us meet him in our travels!

Normally we don't allow test posts in the general forums but I am going to start a new thread on this forum called "Picture Posting Test Thread" where you can try this out if you wish.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine
59 REPLIES 59

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is nothing at all wrong with the page. I suggest you try it.
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

trailrider
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried this and I get: "This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page."

BarneyS wrote:
Our moderator for the Technology Corner forum, 1492, has done all of us a great big favor. He developed an app that can be used to post pictures here on the forum which greatly simplifies the task.

All you need do to post pictures now is click on the picture posting app located at this link (I suggest you bookmark it for the time being), drag your picture into the box or click the "Select" button to find it on your computer, and then copy/paste the resulting URL into your post. The picture will be automatically re-sized to the forum limits of 640x480 if it is larger than that and will show up in your post.

Once again, the steps to post a picture into your post are:
1. Drag your picture from your computer into the box (or click on the "select" button to find it on your computer or other source).

2. Copy the resulting URL and then paste it directly into your post. Do not make any additions or subtractions to the URL.

There is no need to worry about re-sizing the picture anymore and/or getting the wrong result. Just copy/paste the URL from the app into your post without doing anything to it.

There is also no need for a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket. The app takes care of it all for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you enjoy this and we owe 1492 a beer or two if/when any of us meet him in our travels!

Normally we don't allow test posts in the general forums but I am going to start a new thread on this forum called "Picture Posting Test Thread" where you can try this out if you wish.
Barney
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD GAS!!!
1978 Chevrolet Silverado K20 4x4
2007 Komfort 277TS
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Airdaile wrote:
garyemunson wrote:
Can you also add how to make a "clicky"?

In advanced post select the "link" icon (looks like a chain and the world).

Then edit the post and see how it wraps the link address. I can't put the exact syntax here because it turns into a clicky.

Through "magic" arts and HTML character entities, I can...

[url=http://your.url.com/clickys/linky.html]The text of your clicky[/url]

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:

In advanced post select the "link" icon (looks like a chain and the world).

Then edit the post and see how it wraps the link address. I can't put the exact syntax here because it turns into a clicky.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is working fine now!
Barney
Not towing now.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Posting link seems to have stopped working.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Folks,
If you want to try out this new picture posting process, please do so in the Picture Posting Test thread and not in this thread. This thread will be reserved for comments only. Thanks.
Barney
Not towing now.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Edit by Moderator:
I have copy/pasted these pictures into the Picture Posting Test Thread.

This thread is for comments only.
Barney

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
It was working and now it's not. It will not load up anything to copy and paste. It did work a couple days ago like it used to.

I guess my bookmarked link quit working. I tried Barney's link and all is well again!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried dragging and dropping a web based image and it refuses to yield a thumbnail & URL. So it looks like I need to download the image save it then use this web app to upload it to imgur then I'm good to go.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

Joe_Way
Explorer
Explorer
This works great. I have a couple of other ways to put photos online, but this is much easier and faster.

Thanks, 1492.

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
This is great, now I can share my mods!
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well done -- thanks, 1492! This will mean that many more folks can (and will) post photos, which will make the whole site more useful to everyone. This is a big deal -- a huge improvement.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."