cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Games on the road?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
What games do you take with you to help pass the dark evenings & rainy times? Looking for new ideas for 2. Also, games for a family including children for visits? Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
gin rummy

cowolter
Explorer
Explorer
Turn the Tide is an older card game where you're usually trying not to take points which affect your life points. You also rotate hands between each players at the end of each round and it is actually easy to teach. You do need some piles but it's not a tableau game.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Catch Phrase
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

peajay
Explorer
Explorer
Scat if more than the 2 of us, otherwise we play Mandala.

HappyCampers227
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new card game called Skippo... can't stop playing it! We also play Mexican dominoes, uno, and various card games. No watching TV outside; just music, games or putting together a puzzle. Currently learning frisbee golf too.
Happy Campers 227
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
2016 Jayco Eagle 323 LKTS

The Happy Campers Facebook Page

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
when we have the grandkids with us they like to play clue. Other than that we keep sorry, scrabble, yahtzee and a few card games inside. We have ladder golf for out doors. We discovered rummikub last year on a group camp with friends but we have not bought it yet.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

Spappy
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter (5) and I play a lot of board games and card games. Simple and easy to set up ones are the best for us. We have chutes and ladders, candy land, etc. My wife and I play "mad libs" mostly. We also share puzzle books, word search, etc. I am a big fan of sudoku. I love the fact that when we camp, we are unplugged. No cell games, no electronics, just old school games that are fun.

Thanks,
Spap

AuntSmurf
Explorer
Explorer
When the grands are around we play a lot of "Garbage". Fairly quick card game that can be played by fairly young kids, yet is still enjoyable to adults. Easy to play, but directions are lengthy so pm me if you want them :B

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
The way I get my grandkids off the electronics is to get out the Texas Hold'm cards. They will sit there all evening playing. They are 11 and 13. While travelling they will pretty much go along with what ever the adults want to do but at night they want to play any card game. During the day while driving they love word games or trivia.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our favourite road game is coming up behind somebody driving erratically, speeding up, driving slow, weaving, sitting still at green lights etc. & guessing if they are yapping on the phone, eating or doing something else that is severely distracting them from paying attention to their driving.

More often than not they are yapping on the phone.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Upwords, Scrabble, Cribbage
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
LCR is a ton of fun for 3 or more. Any age can play as long as they know Left, Center, and Right.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
We love Skipbo, Uno, Hand & Foot, Euchre, Rummikub, & Dominos.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

Dar_H
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently introduced to a game called "Spot It"'. It's a fast paced game and very entertaining. From 2 to 8 players can play and it is very compact. A lot of fun.