cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thank you - Open Roads Forum

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick thank you to all the members of this forum. I've been a member for some time and seldom posted. When I had questions, they were usually answered quickly and correctly. Only a few smart remarks about my lack of RV knowledge ...but anyway, the reason for this post is to thank the people, especially Sully2, who recommended Winton Woods Campground for a stay while my grand daughter undergoes a kidney transplant (from her donor mom). The Campground is more than I hoped for and really an easy drive to the hospital. Although we've been spending most nights in the hospital, I like staying here and will return for long week end getaways. Thank you - Lou
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad
17 REPLIES 17

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
On a temporary hiatus from RV ownership, but occasionally check the forum. I can't express the sorrow I feel upon finding the news about Sully2's passing. My deepest condolences to his family. He will CERTAINLY be missed. - Lou
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny - thank you both so much. Josie loves the "Flying Pig"
Sent you an email. - Lou
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny - sent you a PM. - thanks
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad

vegasfoodguy
Explorer
Explorer
spritz_55423 wrote:
Now this is what it's all about. Best wishes to you and yours.

X2, God Bless
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lou, my wife is a kidney transplant recipient. It's been over 11 years ago and she's doing well, all things considered. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Having an RV makes staying near family in a crises much easier for sure.

spritz_55423
Explorer
Explorer
Now this is what it's all about. Best wishes to you and yours.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My MIL had to have a kidney removed many years ago. The doc said the normal person only needs part of one kidney to live a long and full life, which she did.
2014 American Eagle

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
No problem Lou. Hope all goes as well as can be hoped for!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyT wrote:

Winton Woods is one of our favorites... In fact we are there now in site 2R.. We will be here till Wednesday...

JohnnyT

Thanks for letting me know ....so I could come and visit ya!!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear all is well with your family. Enjoy your campfire with Mr. & Mrs. JohnnyT.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

BTW, I'm also a Lou C.

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers....mom & baby doing well, baby just moved out of PICU and mom probably discharged tomorrow.
Was a pleasure to meet Johnny this morning. He and his wife are just the type of people that you want to be camped next to...look forward to spending an evening with them around a campfire.
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
Lou, Good luck. May God bless you and the family, and watch over everyone.
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lou, Sorry we missed you. We are a really early to bed schedule and early rise in prep for running a Marathon on Sunday. We will be here till Wed... Hopefully I will get the chance to meet you...

I took a walk around and can see a red and white Lazydaze but it looks have Ohio plates...

Johnny
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny T,
Took a walk down to your rig (beautiful coach by the way) to introduce myself, but it was all dark and didn't want to disturb you if you were napping. This is the first night we won't be at the hospital. Mom & baby, (she turned 5 on the day of the transplant -Tues.) are doing well. Baby didn't want me to leave, but my wife had forgotten her medications at home and went 3 days before she told me. Got her meds and she's resting in the RV (red/white Lazydaze) so we can go back to the hospital in the AM. I wish I could have met the famous "JOHNNY T", thanks for the work you do on the forum. Lou
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad