cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Navarro's Paint Shop Los Algodones, Mexico

Flick
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this paint shop? I have a 1984 Newell I would like to paint...actually need to paint would be more accurate. I have sent an email to the shop requesting a bid and included numerous photos of my RV along with a repainted one that is similar to what we want. Bids in my area seem to be $20,000 to as high as $30,000. I have seen some old threads on the internet that seem to support this shop is very good and the price would be far less than what I am seeing here. So obviously my concerns would be: Safe place, Reliable and quality work for a great price. Suggestions, Ideas or stories??
16 REPLIES 16

spotter0502
Explorer
Explorer
Dud excellent work on my Dodge Ram pickup at 1/3 of what I would have paid in Phoenix

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
My 2001 Dodge 3500 is beginning to show her age. Nothing major, she still looks good from 40'... Unfortunately the door dings, chips and bad spots in the clearcoat are beginning to bother me. I went to a local shop that does nice work and they want $4k to repaint and replace the trim on the bumper that is faded.

Would you all recommend Navarro's for "OEM or better" quality paint job?

Thanks.

Steve
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

spotter0502
Explorer
Explorer
Had both my car and truck done there. Excellent body and paint work at 1/3 the cost in Phoenix!

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
The paint job I had done on my 89 Accord in Cuernavaca was done in a back yard with dogs, dust and kids running around. I thought it was 99.9% perfect and a friend of mine back here in Canada who has had many paint jobs on custom cars, agrees. 4,500 pesos including dent and rust repair.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a truck painted in a dusty yard with chickens in Mexico, the finish was flawless.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Greeting From Mรฉxico

I keep in mind, that painting minus a spray booth where it is dusty is a lot different than painting in low dust environment. Nothing like getting a low skid high traction finish at no extra cost.

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to Socorro today and he was most helpful. I'm planning to take my rig & toad to him for a complete paint update and some interior work as well. I'll get some 'before' pics in a few days and then some 'after' pics when the work is done (most likely the end of June, 2013).
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
There are many things to consider when one is painting a vehicle. I too have had touch ups "away from the border" I am not new to Mexico and now there are good painters other than at the border. BUT when I had my RV painted it was painted in a booth, much different than an outside paint job. It took five weeks to complete. It was completely stripped of all outside attachments, lights, ladder, awning, etc. Two coats of primer, and three coats of clear.
Paint is another big factor, there is a very inexpensive Mexican paint and then there is a jump up to Dupont, I used R-M solvent based paint and it is not cheap.
After having it painted I kept pints of all colors, reducer, hardner, and clear, so I could have touch ups done as needed. .
Navarros caters to North of the border customers and have painted countless RV's and are good at it. They have an upholstery shop and mechanics booth.
Our HHR was hit by another vehicle, here the estimate was $1,600.00 to repair. I will have it done at Navarros for about $400.00.
In the next couple of days I will try to post some before and after pics.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

Talleyho69
Had our Tracker painted here in Zihuatanejo, 4,000p, great job, lots of body work, took 5 days.
Had our old coach completely repainted in Mazatlan, 1,200 US. Fabulous job, Juan at Selene is still doing RV's.
Had the front and a stripe done here in Zihua, with a welder doing 3 body welds, and cancer work under the furnace and water heater, on our new to us coach. Did it where we are parked, perfect match, 2 coats of clear, out the door for 3,000p. Great deals, great work available all over, and cheaper away from the border!
Considering our VW is currently getting a "restoration" paint job in California for $3500, we probably should have driven it down here!

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
Not Algodones but we just had our '89 Honda Accord painted here in Cuernavaca. The paint was peeling all over from the sun and there was a fist sized rust hole in one back quarter panel. Humberto here at the El Paraiso RV park contacted a painter, he came to look, gave me an estimate of 4500 pesos ($350) and took the car away. It took ten days and when he returned it, it looked great. We are very happy with the job.

It was not fun doing without the car for ten days but taxis are plentiful and very cheap.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
I have an appointment for the 18th of Feb.
The cell number I gave prior has been changed here are two good Arizona numbers.
928-239-8906 and 928-328-1114
The Mexican number has not changed.
Enrique and Socorro Navarro are the owners.

I highly recommend them.
Chuck n Sandy

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Susan & I went down last year to get aa quote.
40ft rig atound $7K. Do you live in Q or just visiting?

Liberty Hill Texas cost is around $12K for 4 graphics on a 40ft rig. Stay away from Phoenix, Estimates from $19k to $29K.

Any other questions?
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

janelldawn92
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that cell and it isn't working?? Need an estimate on my truck.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
I had my RV stripes painted there and highly recommend them. I also am returning this Feb. to take a car to have some body and paint work done.

Here is their Arizona #928-343-2750 and Mex #011-526-585177746

Do not use the other shop, Amador's if he is still in business. His work is not as good as Navarros. He started ripping off customers due to some heavy debt.

I have cabinet and upholstery contacts, if you are interested
Chuck n Sandy