cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Kubota.com

FIND SALES & SERVICE
kubota logo
Kubota Engine America
Menu
GENERATOR MAINTENANCE KIT
Kubota Generator Maintenance Kit
Everything you need for your Kubota Generator

The best way to ensure consistent performance from your Kubota generator is simple. Always use genuine Kubota parts. Theyโ€™re the same parts use in our factories. theyโ€™re built to our standards to perform to your standards.

Kit includes:
Oil Filter
Air Filter(s)
Fuel Filters
Oil (1 GAL)
Genuine Kubota oil and filters are specifically designed to maximize the life of your engine. Kubota parts come with excellent heat resistance and stability which includes the highest level of protection for todayโ€™s high tech fuel systems.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is a 6HDKAH, 1044k, 6000 Onan, its different from yours
sorry

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
This forum wonโ€™t let me add a photo, so Iโ€™m giving you the verbiage

SERVICE INFORMATION
Refer to operator's manual for maintenance specifications and adjustments.
Air Cleaner
140-2897
Oil Filter
122-0833
Fuel Filter
149-2513
Oil Capacity
3 Qts w/oil filter
API Designation -
CE
Temp
SAE Viscosity
5ยฐ - 120ยฐF
15W-40
(-13ยฐF) - 88ยฐF
10W-30
(-40ยฐF) - 88ยฐF
5W-30
If service/parts are needed the Onan distributor can be located in the yellow pages under Generators Electric.
In the USA or Canada call 1-800-888-Onan
DC Fuse & Radiato: Cap Under Cover.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
D

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
TheOWarrior, Great I Thank you so much! I see a decal that has Model # D722-ES04, Family 7KBXL.719KCB Onan Generator 6000 super quiet Kubota Eng disp.719LWere abouts is the information tag located. Is this as yours. ? Do I need to remove the panel to see info? I never received a owners manual for the Generator. This is a huge for info. The generator stop while running. I'm guessing it could be the fuel filter.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s written on the nameplate on my unit. It should be on yoursโ€ฆ
Cummins 1220833 oil filter Onan Quiet Diesel
Onan 140-2897 Air Filter
Cummins Onan 149-2513 Fuel filter

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Road Warrior with a genset Onan/Kubota 6000 super quiet generator. Looking for the part number for the oil filter and fuel filter. Any help would be really appreciated

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Hey hello old acquaintances - It's been a long time since I sold my RWS3400. We were without a rig for some time (college and life) but jumped back in about a year and a half ago. Not sure if you'll remember me but I'm the one that started this "forum" way back. I have been checking in now and then to see how these rigs have been holding up. Pleased to see that mostly it's maintenance items with few bigger issues tossed in there.

The main reason for my visit and posting today is that I just found out that the gent that purchased my RWS is now looking to sell it. I have no interest in the sale other than maybe helping someone out that may be looking for a clean unit. It appears he has kept very good care of it.

If you know anyone interested it's located in Travers City, MI.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Warriors!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2318208995028684/
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished working on one of my power gear rv lifts. I didnโ€™t have any documentation on them, and was camped in the boonies. I had to drive to cell coverage and download the documents from the Lippert web site just to figure out what to do with the system freaking out. Since then,I Learned a lot about them. It ended up really only needing to clean and replace the lower sensor magnet , but of course during my Trying to figure it out, one of the shear pins broke. That was a lot of fun having to pull one of these things off and rebuild it.

Anyway, if you need the documents here you go; owners manuals and troubleshooting;
There are a lot of documents. I would print them all and keep in the rv for the inevitable day it happens. It includes how to replace parts, troubleshooting, how to retract the jacks manually, etc.. and there are a few links to Lippert Powergear YouTube videos of training from the company.

https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-electric-leveling-system

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/powergearelectric/82_l0368_.pdf

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/technical-information-sheets/power_gear/leveling/ccd_0002397.pdf

Best place for parts https://pdxrvwholesale.com/orders/R605017138

Good luck!
On weekdays you can a call Lippert customer support if you need advice and help. They were great to talk to, and also have the parts, but for more $ than PDXrvwholesale

Lou_R
Explorer
Explorer
it's going to get worse, had a power steering hose start leaking, my mechanic could not find one.I had to have a hose custom made

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, what GMC has done is sent to different dealers the wrong part with the correct part number. They usually say they have it and then they cancel.I just ordered, hopefully they have it. Thanks !

ronfisherman
Try doing a search for duramax intercooler on EBAY and Amazon. I got lots of hits on EBAY for kits to put tubes on DuraMax engines. You could also do a general search on Google.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD