cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 and 2011 Winnebago Vista 30W Owners

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased mine a year ago. I love the layout and the space for the size is great. I have the dinette. I have made some mods and curious how others are doing. I removed the front TV and installed coax outlet by dinette. I now use a TV on the dinette and so much easier to view. I have a 26 inch Vizio and it fits well. I ordered a door-same as rear overhead cabinet- and boxed in the space and put door on and it looks original. I also ordered smaller doors-kitchen-and cut holes in side of dinette. Installed sliding baskets purchased at Home depot and installed the doors with hinges down. Now have much easier access to under benches. On the suspension I changed out shocks for Koni FSD's, added a Mor/Ryde on rear, added steer safe and rear trac bar. I am very pleased with handling and ride now. Probably didn't need the mor/ryde as the shocks made a huge difference but I do like the mor/ryde. I am running 80psi all around. It rides better when it has liquid in tanks and full of fuel so it actually needs some weight. I tow a Smart Car.

I am interested in how it is going for the rest of you and any mods you have made. Oh yes I also added awnings for the windows other than under main awning and I like them very much. Appreciate hearing from you.
351 REPLIES 351

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Oh wow, Debbie! What a rough 3 years you and Ron have had. Hope you are finally on the mend for sure.
We still have our Vista 30W. Got back just over a week ago from a 5 week, 6000 mile, trip from here to Yellowstone and Tetons, up to Banff and Jasper in Canada and back home via Theodore Roosevelt NP in North Dakota. Tom said this will probably be our last really long trip. But he said that after the last one. So we'll see.
I'm glad I didn't know your 33c was for sale. It's the one rig I think Tom would give up our Vista for. Similar layout to ours, which we love, with a tad more room in shower and bedroom. The two complaints he has about ours.
Glad you found what you were looking for and hope it works out.
Get and stay healthy. Safe travels, whether near or far. And keep in touch. I've often thought about you 2.

Later,
Frances
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. Anyone still RVing LOL. We went 3 years and didn't take our sightseer out due to so many health issues. Man it is tough getting old. Late last summer, my husband said he would not feel comfortable driving the 33c and towing a car so we sold it rather than let it sit any longer. We immediately started looking for a small Class C (our first rv was a 25 foot Class C that we loved and put 21,000 miles the first year we had it.) Since we will just be makking short trips and maybe a few month long visits to friends and families, we wanted an older, low mileage and great shape that we wouldn't invest a fortune in. Unbelievable how many uncared for there out there. LOL Finally about 6 weeks ago found one about 3 hours from us. Drove over and it was exactly what we wanted. The seller had installed hydraulic auto levelers which was a huge selling point for us. The seller moved to Florida about 6 months before and came out to sell it. He had 4 days to sell it before he had to leave to go home so he took our offer and we went to his bank, wired the money to him and drove it home. The only thing it needed done was to have it totally stripped and reseal all the seams etc. and we wanted to relocate the TV to a more comfortable position. It is now at our RV guy being done. We will head out end August for a month maiden trip to visit my sister in Omaha and maybe go to Branson Mo. I won't be released from the Doctor until end of July as I had rota tor cuff surgery in December and then had to have it done again in May as the tear didn't heal. It is now on the mend (a tough recovery though) Won't be released to even start lifting anything more than a coffee cup until end of July. Well our last 3 years in a nut shell, so what is everyone else up to.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I like Winnebagos and after rejoicing the Forza we decided to stay with gas. We worked our way south as we left on Dec 1 and it was very cold-8 above. Made our way to I-40 in New Mexico and then I-17 at Flagstaff to I-10 all the way to LA. I-10 all the way to I-75 heading from LA to Florida. Anything north of I-40 you want to do in late summer or early fall as the mountains can get snow covered quickly in Colorado and north. We did stay overnight one night in Pensacola.

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Golden and Deb, good to hear from you both.

Deb, sorry you weren't well and glad you seem to be rebounding. Don't know if the oysters are still 25 cents. I'll have to check. Let us know if you do get back down this way.

We made only one real trip last year. Spent mid-April to mid-May in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah. Trying to get in a few short trips this year before our month-long one in the fall. We want to finally get up to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Upper and western Michigan.

Golden, I need to pick your brain about that trip. Timing to maybe see some fall color, not-to-miss places, campgrounds, routes and whether to start in Minnesota or Michigan.

So you traded again, but stayed with Winnies. That allows to stay in our "club". 🙂
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Your virus was going around. My wife and daughter had it for two months. They coughed and had little energy. It just hung on. Dr.'s tried many things but it appeared time was the best healer. We buy an annual pass to Disney parks and so have a great time. FT Wilderness is pricey but it is well kept and with all the transportation very easy to live in so it just never seems to get old. My changes to motorhome were adding front air bags. Could not do rear as water heater was in the way but front was the most important. Changed shocks, added steering stabilizer and rear track bar. We removed the table that comes with the 35G as we would not use it. Lovely table. That freed up the space around the recliner. We have gotten use to the air bed in bedroom and actually like it now that we have figured out the proper inflation. We discovered the Sedona area south of Flagstaff last winter and loved it. Will spend a little more time there some year. Really like Palm Desert.

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
You know, we ended up spending 4 weeks at Disneyworld a few years ago. Didn't intend to stay that long, but we enjoyed it there so much, so much to see, that we just continued renewing. After the health issues this year (a virus that lasted months-never could identify what it was then Type 2 flu on top of that just as I was recovering from the virus) I am finally getting back to normal. Weak, but at least no fever or illness. Started back to the gym this weak to get my strength back. Next winter will be quite different LOL Have spent the last 2 winters in Las Vegas. The first winter we stayed there as my husband was having some heart issues and we didn't want to get any further than that away from home. Second winter we just went there and never wanted to leave LOL. Definitely going to travel across the South next winter. Going to take a car trip in a few weeks to Omaha to visit with my sister. I don't have the energy to get the MOHO ready to travel so just decided to drive. We didn't make many changes to the Sightseer. Changed out faucets had a mattress made to fit took out the sofa and stupid tiny recliner and put in 2 recliners. Other than that it has just fit us perfectly. Will post our travels next winter. Not much to post this past year for sure. Glad to see everyone is still around and enjoying their travels. I hope we never get too old to keep moving around. I think we are a little older than the rest of you LOL.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I am still here albeit in a different rig. We first traded our 30W for a 30T and last spring traded for a 2015 Sightseer 35G. We do love the new coach. I have made modifications to make it better of course. I used to think washer/dryer was a waste of money and now we see it as a necessity. Sure can pack less clothing. We found ourselves spending more and more time traveling so a bit more size made it better. I originally had intended to buy the Forza 34T but it was tight inside. The opposing slides in the 30W, T, and Sightseer 33C and 35G are so important to livability. We love the large U Shaped lounge with the long couch. The power bed is also nice and we love the electric fireplace. I didn't think it would impress but we turn it on when mornings are cool and love it. Rarely run the furnace. Two AC's are nice although I camped at 100 degrees in full sun with the 30W and kept it in the 70's. Last year we departed WI on Dec 1 and went to California where one set of kids are located. Spent our time in Malibu or Dockweiler. Then to Palm Desert for a week and then the 10 across country ending in Orlando where we stayed at Disney for two months returning to WI in April. A great winter. Next year shorter with time in the keys and Disney again. Sold our Gulf Shores condo so not hanging around there in the winter other than to visit friends who have lot at Bella Terra. Glad to connect with this thread again.

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We are still around for sure. Have spent the last 2 winters hanging out in Las Vegas. This past winter we didn't travel due some health issues that we just couldn't get rid of. Never found out what was wrong, but I am finally starting to feel back to normal. Will head out a little earlier than normal this fall to make up for it LOL. We still absolutely love our Sightseer. This coming winter, we are not going to sit in one place. Will once again tour the South and across the US. Maybe even get to Pensacola. We want the 25 cent oysters LOL. Probably aren't 25 cents anymore. Have you guys been traveling much? I have also kind of watched this thread and it is like everyone vanished.

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Oops, double post so deleted one.
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Searched out this old thread to find some info I knew had been posted here. Realized it had been a a year and a half since the last post, so thought I'd post just to say "Hi" and see if anyone is still around.
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
bigcritter wrote:
I had a similar problem, and it was a circuit breaker on the inverter that was popped out/tripped. Worth checking. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply - It was the pole - not our RV Whew !!!!

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Floridafrances wrote:
Just finished skimming through this entire thread again. Always see something I meant to do the first time I read it here and never got around to.

One thing I found was the info about the auto transfer switch and I still have a question about that.

Goldencrazy and ETnRVr

ETnRvr you determined, from the number that Goldencrazy supplied, that his auto transfer switch is probably a Parallax ATS-301. I looked that up on line and it says it's only for generators up to 3600 watts. Ours is 4000. I'd think yours are too. If they are 4000 watts do you have a different model Parallax? Or if not, have you had any issues with it being rated lower than the watts your generator can put out?

I'd really like to have an auto transfer, if for no other reason than the cats when we're gone for the day if the power should go out.Although cats can handle more heat than a dog, we still worry about them.

Also, has anyone had a problem with their 42 inch flat screen TV working loose at the top? It doesn't seem to be that the TV is loose from the bracket but that the bracket is coming loose from the wall. We're trying to figure out how to get the whole TV loose so we can take it down and check. Would hate to be going down some bumpy road and have the whole thing come crashing down.

Hope everyone is getting in some great traveling.

We've been on only 1 short trip since last fall and our fall trip this year has been pushed into mid-November, at the earliest. 😞 But if everything works out we'll be on the road for 5 weeks then and off on a shorter trip in the spring.

I think you have the auto transfer switch confused with auto start. The auto transfer switch means when you are plugged in the switch knows it and when you start the generator it knows that. No need to plug the land cord into the generator. The ability to install the auto start so when the electricity stops the generator kicks in is an option that runs about $900 and I have not added it yet but am thinking about it. I generally don't camp in real warm climates.

bigcritter
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem, and it was a circuit breaker on the inverter that was popped out/tripped. Worth checking. Good luck!
Marty & Terri, & our "fur-kids, Harley (Harlequin Great Dane) & Rosie (Boston Terrier), and Zephyr (Chinese Crested hairless).

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Since the Vista is very similarly laid out like the Sightseer, maybe someone here has the answer to my problem.

I know you guys are pretty savy. HELP

We have a Winnebago Sightseer 2012 33C. The galley plug and bathroom plug plus the bedroom plug by the head of the bed and the plug under the pull out buffet table are all off. There are ground fault plugs in the bathroom and under the pull out table in the buffet. Neither one of these ground faults are resetting the circuit. Does anyone know if there is another ground fault plug somewhere. The outside plug on the passenger side is not a ground fault. Are these all on the same circuit or is there 2 separate circuits since there is 2 ground fault plugs. I didn't think you need 2 ground fault plug ins for one circuit.