Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Your Fuel/Oil comments - please post here
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Your Fuel/Oil comments - please post here

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev
Sponsored By:
LindsayRichards

Tavares, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/15 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a 10 cent price increase yesterday in most stations due to the big jump in oil prices (Central Florida). If Jordan and the Saudis get involved in this ISIS problem and they start attacking oil facilities, no telling what will happen.

cekkk

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/15 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, gas prices jumped a dime or more in no time as oil rose a bit, but now oil down 9% today. I'm sure gas will drop tonight. HA!

Diesel stable at 2.49 and up.

The Texan

Home ... Toquerville, UT .. Summer ... Cascade, ID

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/15 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas up 15¢ to 35¢ a gallon here over the past week, while the price on crude dropped $5. The speculators are driving the pump price now, NOT the price of crude.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/15 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

Gas up 15¢ to 35¢ a gallon here over the past week, while the price on crude dropped $5. The speculators are driving the pump price now, NOT the price of crude.

"Crude prices have risen nearly 20 percent over the past six sessions, but remain about 50 percent below their peak from the middle of last year due to worries of a global oil glut.

Brent futures posted a 9 percent gain on the week, their biggest since 2011, and 19 percent over two weeks, the largest since 1998. "

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/06/us-markets-oil-idUSKBN0LA02920150206

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/16 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back to our West Michigan home this weekend from being in Florida since early January with our 5th wheel and Duramax diesel truck and fueled up here at about 4:30 pm yesterday - March 22nd. Premium Diesel (all they sell at Meijer): $1.949/gal pump price at Meijer (Marathon fuel) here in Grand Haven, MI, plus got an additional 5 cents/gallon discount having a Meijer Credit Card. Final price was $1.899/gallon. Cheapest fuel price paid on the entire trip. Walmart across the street fuel (Murphy fuel) was the same price/gal and discount also with a Walmart Credit Card.

Fuel (diesel) was much higher/gal in Indiana even with paying cash and having a commercial tax exempt card. That's only tax exempt at the pump but you pay the taxes quarterly anyway so it's basically meaningless saying "tax exempt"! Also was much higher/gal in Florida as they add on a local county tax too of approx 7% to 10% depending on which county on top of the state tax.

* This post was edited 03/23/16 07:24am by an administrator/moderator *

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

my440

Monashees British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/17 10:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would love to know the answer to this.

If North America went ahead and build the infrastructure to pump refine and transfer our own oil from our own dirt could we be completely free from having to depend on the oil nations to supply us??
Or do we just not have enough?

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/17 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just paid $2.78 at Meijers in Charlotte, Michigan for diesel on Friday.

Wonder what will happen to the RV industry if fuel prices get back to 4 bucks plus a gallon?

Bet that will put a crimp on sales.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

-Revan-

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/17 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my440 wrote:

I would love to know the answer to this.

If North America went ahead and build the infrastructure to pump refine and transfer our own oil from our own dirt could we be completely free from having to depend on the oil nations to supply us??
Or do we just not have enough?

I suppose that we really don't have enough of it, especially considering our great population and high developed economy...
However I hope that and alternative safe type of fuels will be invented someday because all that natural ones aren't eternal and anyway in future we'll need to replace them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 101  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Your Fuel/Oil comments - please post here
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS