Explore and connect with travelers just like you.

Like what you see? Join Good Sam's Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
399239members
3637894posts

Community Activity

2013 Chevy 1500 5.3 Anyone Tow with this?

I inherited a 2WD Chevy 1500 extended cab with a 5.3L and 96K miles. Any advice on how this truck tows? I have an open tandem 14 ft trailer and a combined trailer load is around 4500lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. 

new 2024

Well, the 2012 X5 35d BMW SUV is at 175,000 miles, and while still going strong, the wife-mate has been jonesing for a pick up for years, and is deeply concerned that just maybe it's time to retire it from the hard job of dragging the TT around the c...

IMG_3450.jpg

How to know when freshwater tank is full?????

I have been RVing since 1979. During this time, I have owned a dozen or more travel trailers and or 5th wheels RVs. Each of these RVs had a gravity freshwater fill port with a vent/overfill drain at a location that was easy to see when the freshwater...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Got small kids in RV?

Just completed winter trip to San Diego and Sedona Az and have some comments about Rv parks and kids. Why are there so many families now in Rv parks with little screaming kids running around? Dont parent know to teach kids to use their "indoor" voice...

td1837 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 10 likes

1999 Harney wiring diagram

I am in need of a wiring schematic for my 1999 Harney Renegade. I suspect other 1999 Harney coaches are similar and would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks Mike Corsair739@yahoo.com

b66vette by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Charging

2008 Lance Camper 845 - bought new in 2009 ...   If I'm driving down the road, does the truck alternator charge my house battery just as it does my truck starting battery.   OR, it there a separate battery charger it passes the current thru before th...

Tailgate Removal

Tried to remove the tailgate on 2024 Chevy 2500HD.  The B.U. Camera wire runs in above spare tire and is almost impossible to reach and disconnect without lowering the spare.   In a different post, some one linked an extension wire that can allow it ...

Splendide 2100 dryer not heating

We have a Splendide model WD2100 vented washer/dryer combo. Serial #: 40212 3210 91280180101 All of a sudden, the heating portion of the dryer mode stopped working. The fan motor is working properly, and the drum tumbles as it should. The LED does n...

gatrue by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

GM 6.2L 420hp and 10-speed

I'm curious if anyone is towing with the Silverado or Sierra 1500 with the 6.2/10-speed. I've got one on order to replace my 5.3L/6-speed. I'm hoping for a slight improvement over my last combo.Thanks,Jeff

Talon Inserts with steel Torklift Receivers

After many trips over the mountain passes to Utah, my tie downs started to look rather rusty. The most visible part is the insert. I was considering the whole sand, prep, prime, and paint path; and decided to try and find something that might last lo...

P30 Suspension Overhaul

Hello. The front end of my HR is sagging and I can't use my front levelers because they can't fully extend. So I am thinking of some kind of overhaul. I bought some new airbags to install. I also looked at some new coil springs. I find heavy-duty ...