Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1099  
Prev  |  Next
mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No word on the truck yet. None on the motorhome, either!
Took the "vintage" 14 foot riveted aluminum boat I recently acquired out to the lake the other day. My electric trolling motor seems to be draining the battery rather rapidly. I'll have to check the battery, and if it is good the motor probably needs replaced. Found a couple of seeps near rivets, so will have to get some rivets and practice my skills in removing and replacing rivets. It has been years, I hope I can still do it...

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears the truck will be totaled. I should know more by next week.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, truck is totaled.
I bought it back, reduced the insurance to liability only.
I don't care if it looks like a golf ball. I will drive it until the wheels fall off, or I die, whichever occurs first.

Still waiting to hear about the motorhome...

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather is supposed to get cold and snowy tonight. High tomorrow will be in the mid 20s, they say; overnight low tomorrow will be in the teens. Possibility of up to a foot of snow, depending on who we listen to.
I'm sort of ready. I put the snowplows and tire chains on both ATVs, poured anti-freeze in the drains and toilet in the motorhome, etc. Should go find the snow brushes for the vehicles, I guess. I know where two of them are...

I think our chat thread has run its course. This will be my last post until somebody else posts a comment. It's been fun, y'all...

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I noticed the trend earlier, ro_sie was starting to taper off, no one else seemed to be interested in this thread anymore.

I will try to frequent it more often . Been pretty busy since our Montana trip. Finished fencing the yard. Done a couple trips one with the kids. Its time to get the yard in shape from being gone so much, plus getting it ready for winter ,trimming etc .

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see you back, cummins.
I woke up my old cummins yesterday and hauled a bunch of ferrous scrap to the scrap yard. Made $9 on that trip! Actually paid for the fuel with a little left over!
Now I need to gather the copper scrap (except for potential antenna wire), the aluminum cans, and the "dirty" aluminum and haul it in. I have to look at the "dirty" aluminum first, and make sure there is nothing there that would make a good ham antenna...
I also fired up the old garden tractor and beat the weeds in the pasture down the other day.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

Glad to see you back, cummins.
I woke up my old cummins yesterday and hauled a bunch of ferrous scrap to the scrap yard. Made $9 on that trip! Actually paid for the fuel with a little left over!
Now I need to gather the copper scrap (except for potential antenna wire), the aluminum cans, and the "dirty" aluminum and haul it in. I have to look at the "dirty" aluminum first, and make sure there is nothing there that would make a good ham antenna...
I also fired up the old garden tractor and beat the weeds in the pasture down the other day.

Thanks. Weather has been pretty good here, although it looks like a storm this weekend, but then looks pretty good after that.

Fifth wheel is winterized, and ready for winter. Bit of yard work ,and we should be ready for winter. No hunting this fall, didn't draw a tag for anything [emoticon]

Looks like we are going to be a two man show here . [emoticon]

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it doesn't rain or snow tonight it will sure miss a heck of a good chance!
Clouds are building, temp is dropping.
I need the heavy snow to wait until Thanksgiving. I have to take the MoHo to the shop clear across town the end of this month, then bring it home after they get the storm damage repaired (about a week, I hope).
I do not like the idea of driving that thing on snowpacked or icy roads! Certainly don't want to tow the Jeep under those conditions.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, looks like you all had a very busy summer, and that you are all getting ready for fall. Are many of you headed to warmer climates for winter?

The tourists are mostly gone and Alaska is mostly about community now.. We love having tourists, but we love having our towns mostly to ourselves for a while. The pot luck dinners and community activities keep us busy and in touch with each other. Camping goes on till the ice hits, and then some of the braver of us wander out to camp while enjoying winter activities.

The weather has been mild, 40s in the day, high 20s to low 30s at night. We had one now that accumulated enough so that we could see it on the trees and ground. The moose were in the back yard grazing during the snow and we had a great time watching them.

We just returned from a cross country trip from Alaska to NY, NH, CT and back. The scenery was lovely, we managed to see quite a bit of wildlife both ways. Unfortunately we were trying to make time and were towing a utility trailer so we didn't get to do the tourist thing much until we got to NY.

While in NY we had a major problem with our Galleria - due to an unasked for oil change that was done incorrectly. We were fortunate that it didn't happen on the way down in some of the more remote places that we traveled. It did happen on a 93 degree with a 90% humidity on a very busy highway in upstate NY just before closing on a Friday afternoon.

Fortunately Good Sam got us a tow, our son raced to a rental agency 45 miles to from where we broke down. While I waited (2 hours), I was able to rung the generator and air conditioning, and enjoyed watching traffic and some good classical music on the public radio station in the area.

We had excellent service from the Sprinter sercice department at the Mercedes dealer and were back at touring and visiting in a week.

The trip back was spectacular with the foliage through Canada and Alaska. We were quite comfortable in our van. Camped at CG twice, mostly to shower and launder our too well worn clothing.

What kind of trips did you all do? I am trying to catch up on posts. Haven't been on here for a while. Forgot my password. Duh.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, welcome back, fullmoon!
Sounds like your trip went well in spite of the oil change problem.
We had big plans for in-state trips last summer, but it seems something always came up to prevent it from happening.
I did make it to the 85th consecutive year of the Glacier/Waterton Hamfest in July, though. I do wish some vendors would attend like they used to...
Almost forgot, went to Cody, WY also, visited Meeteetsee and Powell museums, and the Greybull Museum of Aerial fire fighting, stayed in the Cody KOA.
Hopefully, next summer will be better for making trips. Just going to Forest Service campgrounds and drowning worms in the creek would be great!
The weather didn't miss the chance. Rained about half an inch last night! No snow, thank goodness!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1099  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS