Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3087  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a good day and I hope all is well with everyone this morning. I was able to get out yesterday and get the oil changed on the Ford Edge and was able to go to Walmart to pick up some things I needed. Last evening I was able to walk with Sue and he girls for the first time in over a month. This morning I feel pretty good.

Burch you have had your share of troubles with the motorhome. I hope you get the leak fixed in the window as that can cause lots of problems with the sidewall.

Dale I hope you and Terry are well as well as Walter and Garland. Dr. Doug I hope you and Sandy are well and Dan and Patty I hope you are enjoying your new home. I talked with Dan and Lori and they are finishing up with the repairs to the basement in their home. Charles how are you and Charlotte? Martyn how are you? SGT> Joe what is happening in your neck of the woods? Haven't heard from Art and Rosie in a long time nor have we heard from the AG Teacher.

Today I hope to get out a little more and perhaps eat lunch at the Olive Garden. We have a gift certificate that we need to use up.

Sue is out with the girls for their morning walk and I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sur to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Metalgator, I wonder if your leak is coming from roof. Pooling on the top and then slowly leaking down inside. I would check that. Take a hose and run water in specific areas and see if leak. Wait a time since you said there was a delay in the leak showing up, repeat in different area until shows up.

camping buddies - my husband,">
17 yr boy,18 yr girl,19 yr girl">
American Eskimo - Baby
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

Metalgator, I wonder if your leak is coming from roof. Pooling on the top and then slowly leaking down inside. I would check that. Take a hose and run water in specific areas and see if leak. Wait a time since you said there was a delay in the leak showing up, repeat in different area until shows up.

It only leaks when the slide is out. It's the window on Dinette slide. I've sprayed water with a hose on multiple places with the slide out and I can't get it to leak. It only leaks after we have had a steady rain and somethings it doesn't leak. I have driven through some very strong rain storms and it has been sitting at camping world for the last week getting rained on and no leaks because the slide is in. I don't even think camping world tried to find the leak. It's the 3rd time I have had it there and this time they didn't even do anything to the motorhome. Just said they couldn't find the leak so they can't do anything.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Foofs It has been interesting out here in Utah. My generator runs for a bit then quits. The cooling unit on my Dometic Fridge leaked out the stuff that works it and set of my alarm systems in the MH. I tried to start it to take it to a shop, but it went click click. Then my big slide wouldn't go out. Checked the fuses and found 1 bad 15amp, tried to replace it but it sparked and took out that one, tried again, same thing. Spent 4 days looking for a short everyone was saying caused it. Took out the 4 6v batteries and the two 12v batteries and had them checked. 6v tested good, 12v's test 0 and 2, got new ones and put them all back in the MH. Now it starts and no blown fuses so far. Waiting on 2 qoutes from RV repair places.

Good news is my Cookie and Rocky both are doing great, a lot more energy since I stopped giving them those green things for their teeth. Now they only get Purina Lite Snackers. Which keeps their teeth clean and also keeps their weight down.

Hopefully my rain cloud has run out of water on the MH. Temps are still in the 100's during the days. Seriously thinking of becoming a Sun Bird instead of a Snow Bird.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sgtjoe, check the oil level in the generator. If the oil is low it has a safety switch that turns the generator off.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Our last 5er had an issue on the dinnette slide as well. 2 Windows seamed to leak on that slide. One window actually was leaking but the other was coming from the roof. They never caulked the tape on the inside of the facia plate. So when it rained depending what direction the rain was coming the water would run down the slide wall and appear to come from window. Once that was caulked no issue.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/19 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well with everyone. Burch might I suggest you put a topper on the slide if you don't already have them. That just may fix the problem. We have toppers on all of the slides on the Montana. It's a big help keeping trash off the slide out roof and protects it from the sun. Just might be the ticket to repairing your leak.

I think if may have over done it yesterday so I am going to lay low today. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/19 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Burch might I suggest you put a topper on the slide if you don't already have them. That just may fix the problem. We have toppers on all of the slides on the Montana. It's a big help keeping trash off the slide out roof and protects it from the sun. Just might be the ticket to repairing your leak.

Both of my slides have toppers. That is what makes finding this leak even more difficult. It's hard to look at the top of the roof of the slide with the slide topper in the way.

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Martyn how are you?

Pretty good, thanks, although am going to have arthrothoscopic surgery done on my new knee next Wednesday as I still am getting occasional pain that is very frustrating!

So glad to see you are feeling better and you are posting again. Was worried for a while! [emoticon]

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT's & Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Sgtjoe, check the oil level in the generator. If the oil is low it has a safety switch that turns the generator off.

I can attest to that fact! I just about lost my mind a couple of years ago when I could not get our Generac 5500W "emergency" generator to start up for it's annual exercise. Field stripped the carb, cleaned and blew out all the jets and orifices, new gas filter, new gas (of course), new spark plug, properly gapped . . . . . . then . . . . . nothing! Not even a pop! I was fit to be tied! It's a wonder I didn't have a heart attack yanking on that cord for what seemed like hours. I had to pause every so often, afraid of flooding it. This went on all morning, and after awhile I gave up and went inside for awhile, racking my brain for what the heck the matter was. It had started up like a champ for many years previous! While I was resting, I decided what the heck, I'll dig out the manual just to see if there was any trouble shooting tips I could possibly have missed. And yes, there it was, "Engine will not start if low oil level", or something to that effect. The ONE THING I had not checked was the oil level. Of course, I went right out and checked it, and it was ever so slightly below the "add" mark on the stick.

Put oil in. Pulled the cord. Started on the first pull!
[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3087  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS