Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3071  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/19 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is hot and the rain showers are far and few between, I mowed the lawn yesterday and kick up enough dust to cover me and the mower pretty good.

Sue is out with the girls for their morning walk. Suzie didn't eat this morning, acting as if she doesn't feel good. Sue just got back and Suzie isn't acting like herself. Maybe as the day goes on she will start to feel better, we'll see.

I hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying the summer. Gosh summer is just about gone isn't it? Sue and I have lost this summer as far as being able to go anywhere as I have been dealing with my health since July 3rd. Dr. Flanagan said my recovery period with will about six weeks, so It will be well into September before I am completely well.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

It is hot and the rain showers are far and few between,

I wish I could send you some of our rain. It has rained everyday for the last 7-10 days. We have gotten 10.59 inches of rain so far this month and 2.61 inches so far today according to my weather station at the house. My shed in the back yard looks like it is on an island. I had to get some charcoal out of it the other night and I had to wade out to it. A friend who lives down the street was playing with his grandsons remote control boat in his backyard. His yard is totally flooded.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/19 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's another beautiful morning here in the Deep South. The weatherman says we are going to have another hot day with some scattered showers.

Sue just left with the girls for their morning walk. Suzie didn't feel good yesterday as she wouldn't eat, but this morning she seems to be better.

I hope everyone has a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Wishing you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is hard to believe that Labor day is 2 weeks away. Where did the summer go. OH yeah it took a long time to get here.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Yes Dan it took a long time to get here. Labor day weekend 2005 fourteen years ago was the beginning of an adventure. It started with a visit to our campsite of an old black dog that captured our hearts. It seems a life time ago and then there are times it seems as if it were yesterday. Old Fella still lives in out hearts and his spirit is kept alive through the Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue.

I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We got much needed rain yesterday and it cooled things down a lot. Dixie and Susie got their annual shots yesterday. Dixie didn't have a clue as to what was going on but Suzie knew exactly where she was and why she was there. For being thirteen years old Suzie is doing great.

Lizzie the cat is doing good. Sue is making a retriever out of her. She loves to chase wadded up pieces of paper. Sue will throw it and Lizzie will chase it down and bring it back to Sue. This drives Dixie crazy as she wants to get in on the fun but the cat is faster.

I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/19 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have gotten 12.88 inches of rain so far this month. I was hoping we could go a few days without rain so I can get the yard mowed. We have had rain everyday for the last 12 days. The dogs aren't happy with me because the grass is high and they don't like going out to do their business.

I wonder if anyone has any travel plans for labor day weekend? Since my wife and I both work, we try and use the 3 day weekends to our advantage. We are taking the motor home to Tarpon Springs next Wednesday for 4 nights. We both took off Thursday and Friday so we will have a nice long weekend. We plan on being back on Sunday Sept 1st and then will have Monday off to just relax. It's also the first full weekend of college football so I am really excited. I rarely turn on the TV but the TV is always on during Saturdays in the fall. My Gators are the only game on TV this coming weekend. They play Miami in Camping World Stadium in Orlando at 7pm on Saturday. It is the 150th anniversary of college football and the NCAA allowed the game to be moved up one week. Many of the partners in the firm I work for graduated from the University of Florida and they are going to the game. I will be enjoying the game in the air conditioning on my 65 inch TV. I plan on putting a beef brisket on the smoker around 6am so it should be ready by kickoff time.

Murphy has been a little stiff lately. She still gets around good for a 16 year old dog. Maybe the rain has been causing her to get a little stiff. She has been my shadow the last few weeks. She follows me around and lays by my feet. I think it is starting to annoy Monty as he is usually the one who is my shadow.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Burch

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/19 04:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will get some relief from the heat for the next few days. It will feel like fall. In the low to mid 70's.

We will be taking the 5th wheel to my nieces property over Labor Day weekend. They have water and electric there. Several family members bring the campers out to relax and have fun.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/19 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I mentioned before, we are cleaning out the last duplex which we have sold. Terry's parents lived here and we never rented their side. It is much larger than the other side with 1800 sq ft and a full basement, so we stored stuff there plus we had all his parents stuff, including 50 years of finanacial records. We have been having garage sales every weekend. This next Saturday is the last hurrah. We are burned out, but we had too much stuff to put it all out so we put it out as we cleared space to put more. We have made about $2000 so far, but it's more about getting stuff in the hands of people who could use it and getting a little something for it. WE have priced it all very cheaply. Last night our friends came for the radial arm saw and the table saw. That is the last of the big tools which were in the basement. All the furniture is out and most is gone except for the master bedroom suite. Terry's cousin said he will take it, but he hasn't shown up yet. We only have stuff there that we use, like work clothes, clean clothes, food to eat while we are there. We are getting to the point where all we will do is clean.

Unfortunately, we couldn't get everything in our trailer. . . it looks like 2 trips, wherever we decide to land. Terry wants to buy something in Florida because our son is there. So one load is in the storage locker, the second load is in the trailer. MinnieMee is in her inside storage for the winter now. Looks like Terry sold the truck last night. They are bringing back the money today. The Miata will go into storage where the trailer is. We have a 10x40.

We are both exhausted, both mentally and physically. I am proud of Terry for sticking with it. He didn't want to sell it. He knew that was what we needed to do but didn't want to go through emptying it out. The closing is September 17 so we should be in good shape.

Terry is doing well. He has recovered mostly from his bout with the wonder drug Entresto that almost killed him. I'm hoping he will improve once we are not physically taxing our bodies on a daily basis. He wants to start walking again and that is good.

The last two summers has been murder for me with his health getting worse but things have stabilized and improved now so I am happy we don't have to come back here and spend our summers working as we have for the past 15 years.

Richard, I'm still praying you continue to improve and have great success with your surgery. Hoping all the fellow FOOFs are doing well and enjoying their pets. We donated the last of my dog's stuff at the Humane Society yesterday. While we were there a young woman was there to pick up her dog which had gotten loose and lost. When they brought the dog out, she and the dog had quite the moment. The dog had an injured leg, so apparently her time on the lam was not without consequences. Glad they found one another. We had donated all our dogs' stuff, as we don't plan on having another any time soon. We are still on the road and with the health challenges Terry has had, it would be difficult with a dog, and our last was blind, diabetic and deaf. But Terry wouldn't let me sell the trimming kit! He said no, we will have another someday. Once our traveling days are over, all bets are off!

Have a great day, FOOFs.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3071  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS