Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2904  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After talking things over with Sue we decided to work with Dixie to see if we can stop the poop eating. We will try the suggestion of Dr. Doug and a shock collar.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

After talking things over with Sue we decided to work with Dixie to see if we can stop the poop eating. We will try the suggestion of Dr. Doug and a shock collar.

Glad you are going to try. Our sons dog was eating poop when he was a young puppy. He is almost 2 years old now and has seamed to grow out of it.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2013 chaparral 325MKS
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've used Forbid before with success. I was going to suggest it as well. It makes the pooh "unattractive" so the dog doesn't want to eat it, but I don't think it has any taste to it.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is 50* here this morning. Yesterday it was almost 70*. I was able to get out to the camper and flush the holding tanks and check out water system to see if anything froze and all was okay.

Today the weather is going to be mild and no freezing temps tonight. Yesterday while I was working on the camper Dixie stayed with me the whole time. She never wandered off, but played with the tennis ball and when I had the time I would throw it for her to chase. She is really a sweet girl and very obedient when she is called or told to stay close.

I don't have a lot planned for today, need some things from the grocery store so I will go there and take care of that.

I hope all is well on the Gulf Coast. that is such a nice place to visit, Walter your finding the tool in the holding tank reminded me of a time back in the fifties when Ford Motor Company was having problems with the labor union. We got in a new Mercury that someone had put ball bearing inside the frame of the car. When you would start off the bearings would roll to the back of the frame and when you would stop the bearings would then roll to the front of the frame. We fixed the problem by putting undercoating inside the frame rail.

Okay I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

TugCE

Leesburg, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 03:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, I understand your feelings about "Poop". Our Macy has just started finding and eating cat poop. For the last couple of months I have noticed either a stray or it might be an neighbors cat has been in my yard and I guess using it as their outdoor litter box. We never let the Girls outside by themselves, so I am now on Poop watch and stay close to Macy to make sure she does not find a snack.

So, if anyone has any ideas on how to stop this besides me chasing after her, I would love to hear them.

I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Jim I don't know what to say about poop eating dogs. Our Peaches never gave it up. Our daughter Ava's Boxer Abby was a poop eater and she never gave it up. I tried the shock collar on Peaches and I could not leave it on her as she would shake in fear and lie down and not move with total fear of the thing. I finally just accepted the fact Peaches was a poop eater and we would just have to live with it.

Needless to say I was disappointed to see Dixie with the habit and remembered the battle we had with Peaches, so I was not a happy camper. But we will work our way through this by watching her when we are outside and keeping the back yard clean so she is not tempted. When we are outside I keep her busy chasing the tennis ball and doing other things so she doesn't have time to think about eating poop. Hopefully this will work and get her out of the habit.

Its raining and cold here this morning. The last few days have been very pleasant with warm temperatures. Winter is not over, so we can expect more cold weather.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday we almost hit 60 degrees. This morning it was still 58 but the temperature is on its way down fast. They say by bedtime tonight it will be in the low 20's. It is raining now. In a few by mid afternoon they say it will turn to freezing rain, then sleet and finally snow. Could be looking at 6 plus inches with the next 5 to 7 days in the teens to low 20's again.

Pickles does not like the deep snow. She has a hard time doing her business. She also likes to roam the fenced in area to make sure there has been no intruders. She has not been able to do that. She has a lot of grass right now but with the rain she will not adventure out.

Maybe one of these years we will have an open January that we don't have to put up with this.

Stay warm and safe.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan it was 62* when I got up this morning and raining. No I didn't get up at noon it was 7am. Last night the fog was so thick it was dangerous to be out in a car.

Suzie was funny this morning when I opened the door for her to go out and take care of business. She took one look at the rain and said "not me". Dixie wasn't bothered by the rain and went out and took care of business and then made the rounds around the fence to make sure nothing had invaded the yard during the night.

The weather person says we will have more cold weather pouring in by Saturday and we will have it for a few days. This has been a cold winter so far. The firewood Jeff brought over is green and hard to get started to burn, but once it gets started it burns nice and slow and gives off a lot of heat.

It has stopped raining so Sue is taking the girls out for a walk. Dixie gets so excited she starts whining and barking and jumping around while Suzie sits and waits for the leash to be attached to her collar and then walks to the door and waits for Sue to say "Lets go."

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

It has stopped raining so Sue is taking the girls out for a walk. Dixie gets so excited she starts whining and barking and jumping around

Pickles does the same thing. Al we have to do is go to where her leash and collar is kept and she starts running around, jumping and barking. It is hard to get her calmed down to get her harness on.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This morning as I was taking my shower I started thinking about one of my grade school teachers, Mrs. Burdelle Mobley. One Sunday, not too many years ago I was asked to preach at a church near Sylvania, Georgia that was having Home Coming Sunday. As I looked out over the congregation I saw Mrs. Mobley and I recognized her and told the congregation that she was my teacher in the forth grade. When the service was over we gathered in the social hall of the church for the Home Coming meal. As I was standing in line next to Mrs. Mobley one of the people asked her what kind of student I was. Mrs. Mobley thought a minute and said. I taught school for many years and I had a lot od students, most of which I don't remember, but I remember Richard."

* This post was edited 01/12/18 07:59am by Dixie Flyer *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2904  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS