Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2829  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Glad to hear from those in Florida. Right now we are experiencing some light rain and some moderate winds, nothing to be worried about right now. It is cool at 57 degrees so that's not bad. Don't know what to expect today as it seems Irma is moving further west leaving us out of harms way. I talked with Robin and Ed last night and they were doing okay.

All of my footballs teams won over the weekend so that makes me happy. Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina and the Atlanta Falcons off to a good start. Atlanta plays Green Bay next Sunday so they will be sorely tested.

Sue said since we have the camper hooked to the truck and up in the driveway we should go somewhere next weekend. So I will be looking for a spot to land. Because of the aftermath of Irma we can't go south. We can't go east. We can't go west so I guess that leaves north.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7 diesel
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Superslide Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Peaches. Others Suzie, Hobo, Izzie

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Burch glad you made it through the storm.

Scottiemom glad your son made it as well.

We continue to send prayers for all the victims of Harvey and Irma.

Richard any news on your daughter?

Nothing this morning. I will try to get in touch later today if I don't hear from her.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/17 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have sustain wind at 36 mph. The rain is coming down sideways and very heavy at times.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/17 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a stormy day. Later in the day we had some very strong winds with heavy rain. Some limbs blew out of some of the Pine trees, glad I moved the camper up next to the house. We have no damage and we have power, never really lost it. The lights did flicker a few times and the power went off for just a few seconds and that was it. Our daughter Robin let me know she and her husband Ed were okay. Robin has taken in a stray Pit Bull that took up with them. He was very thin and had the mange, but now he is looking much better. Robin says Blu, that's his name will take the horses lead rope and walk them to the exercise ring and hold the rope until she or Ed takes it. Then when its time to go back to the barn he will take the lead rope and walk the horse back to its stall.

Burch I hope you and the family are okay. TugCE hope you are okay. The news this morning showed some of the hardest hit areas and the flooding, look bad.

Our prayers go out to all that have been devastated by Irma and hope you have a speedy recovery.

I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 09/14/17 06:19am by Dixie Flyer *

TugCE

Leesburg, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/17 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone, we made it thought the storm and got power back a couple of hours ago. Our neighborhood really took a beating with a bunch of very large trees down at 7:30 pm on Sunday so, we sat in the dark through the storm. Come morning and once the winds died down I got the Motor Home in the Driveway and cranked up the generator. So, at least we had running water and A/C until the power came back on.

Burch, I'm glad that you are ok.

We have very little damage here at the house but my Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler is another story. It's at a park about 20 miles from here and one of the roof vents blew off during the storm flooding the Galley. If it had been parked at my house, a tree would have fallen on it so I guess we are a little lucky.

From the looks of it there was at least 2 inches of water in there at sometime. All of the Vinyl and Carpet is soaked! The carpet on the Slide Floor is really soaked. Also, it looks like the water drained out via the heating ducts in the floor. You can see water in them. I have filed an Insurance claim and will have to wait to see what they say but in order to do this right, the Galley area will have to be striped as the vinyl and carpet goes underneath everything, as all of you know. There is no power so I do have everything open trying to air it out but there's not much I can do.

I really like this camper but due to all of the flooding, I hope they total it as I'm really afraid about mold!

All in all we were very lucky and all of us came through with our health and in the end that's all that matters.

I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TugCE wrote:

Hi everyone, we made it thought the storm and got power back a couple of hours ago. Our neighborhood really took a beating with a bunch of very large trees down at 7:30 pm on Sunday so, we sat in the dark through the storm. Come morning and once the winds died down I got the Motor Home in the Driveway and cranked up the generator. So, at least we had running water and A/C until the power came back on.

Burch, I'm glad that you are ok.

We have very little damage here at the house but my Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler is another story. It's at a park about 20 miles from here and one of the roof vents blew off during the storm flooding the Galley. If it had been parked at my house, a tree would have fallen on it so I guess we are a little lucky.

From the looks of it there was at least 2 inches of water in there at sometime. All of the Vinyl and Carpet is soaked! The carpet on the Slide Floor is really soaked. Also, it looks like the water drained out via the heating ducts in the floor. You can see water in them. I have filed an Insurance claim and will have to wait to see what they say but in order to do this right, the Galley area will have to be striped as the vinyl and carpet goes underneath everything, as all of you know. There is no power so I do have everything open trying to air it out but there's not much I can do.

I really like this camper but due to all of the flooding, I hope they total it as I'm really afraid about mold!

All in all we were very lucky and all of us came through with our health and in the end that's all that matters.

Glad you are ok.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2013 chaparral 325MKS
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I am glad I moved the camper from under the Pine trees for a new reason. Yesterday when I went out to clean up the mess I found many hard green pine cones that would have surely damaged the rubber roof and most likely broken the plastic vent covers. Anyway the yard is now clean and the camper is back on its pad and all seems to be okay.

We have some very heavy black clouds hanging around this morning and the temp is still on the cool side. I hope recovery comes quick for those who have been damaged by Irma. It is going to be a process of faith and a strong mind set to keep up the spirit that all of this will come to and end and life will go on.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them and pray for those who have lost homes and business and love ones.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am one tired dude. I had to come and get all the servers back online yesterday morning and then spent the rest of the day setting up computer workstations. We had everyone who had an office with a window unhook their computers and put them in an interior office. I spent 6 hours yesterday setting them back up and came in at 6:15 this morning to finish. When I got home yesterday I spent a couple of hours cleaning up oak debris from my front yard. Back in June, I had both of my oak trees trimmed and all the dead wood cut out. I am SO glad I spent the money and had them trimmed since I would have really had a mess.

I was finally able to get over to the garage where I store the motorhome. Everything looks OK so no damage to our house or the motorhome. My father in law lives in a mobile home. He has many neighbors who have damage but his home came through with no damage.

There are still a lot of people without power. My power was off for 21 hours but about half of the employees in my office are still without power. It might be a couple of weeks before power is restored in some areas.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, I love the story of the pit bull Blu. What a wonderful thing Robin and Ed have done for him. Saved his life and gave him a job. He is paying them back for their kindnesses.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/17 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Things here are back to normal, whatever that is. Sue and I have decided to go to Modoc camping this weekend. It should be nice at the lake this weekend so I hope we will enjoy our stay.

It is getting close to the time for the Old Fella Rally. Hope we have a good crowd.

I have a lot to do this morning so I had better get moving so I will close b y wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2829  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS