Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Burch I am sorry to hear the bad news of your friends illness.

Today will be a high of 97 degrees. Thursday the high will be 98 degrees and Friday the high will be 95 degrees. Saturday begins a cool down with a high of 74.

Five day weather forecast

I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day, Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch sorry to hear about your friend.
Our prayers go out to you and their family.

* This post was edited 10/04/19 05:00am by Toolguy5 *

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Hospice center is only about 10 minutes from my office. I went over during my lunch break for a visit. All 3 of the brothers were there. Two of them live out of town and one of them was supposed to be in Berlin, Germany for his job. It was so sad. I don't think he has more than a few days. Both of my friends parents were like parents to me and now I feel so bad for not going by to visit more often. I last visited back in June or July and before that it had been years.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The important thing here Burch is that you did visit.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry about your friend's illness, Burch. Will be thinking about you and praying for peace for the family.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/19 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Prayers for your friend Burch. The forecast for today is temperatures near 100 degrees setting an all time record of the month of October for us. Saturday begins the cool down with high of 71 degrees.

I have a pinched nerve that is giving me a fit. My right leg is very painful, It's hard to find a position that is comfortable when I sit or lay down. I have been going to the chiropractor for over a week now, but no good results yet.

I hope all is well with everyone and I pray you have a blessed ay. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles hurt her leg some how. Yesterday she went running through the house screaming and started to limp. I got her to calm down but every time she started to walk she would take off running and screaming and start to pick up her right hind leg. We took her into emergency clinic and they examined her. Said the pain was coming from her knee area. Uncertain if it was a tendon, ligament or something else. They did not take X-ray. Gave us some pain meds and an anti inflammatory. We could not get her to eat or drink yesterday or even do her business. She just stands outside and stairs at you like what are you trying to do to me. As of this morning I still can’t get her to do her business or eat or drink.
I called the clinic and am waiting on a call back. It is approaching 20 hours since she urinated last.
We are supposed to leave today to start heading to Sevierville. Now we have to wait in see what is happing with Pickles.

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 05:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, we sure hope it's nothing serious with Pickles.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan I am praying that Pickles gets over whatever it is that is bothering her. Our fur babies can't tell us what is wrong so maybe the clinic will be able to help. Keep us posted on what is going on.

Well today will be another hot one, close to 100 in some areas. We are supposed to be in the upper 90's, but tomorrow the high will be in the med to upper 60's. I am still having trouble with my right leg. The sciatic nerve seems to be the problem. At least I can find a comfortable position in the bed at night so I am able to sleep. During the day I can find comfort sitting in the lounge chair with a pillow under my leg. I am able to drive the car or truck without too much of a problem, so at least our trip to Sevierville isn't in jeopardy as of this morning.

Sue is out with Suzie and Dixie for their morning walk. Lizzie is watching the door for their return. One if our neighbor's cats has made his home with us. He is friendly and wants to be petted and follows Sue and I when we go out into the yard. Sometimes he comes into the back yard and comes up on the patio deck which drives Suzie crazy. Lizzie doesn't seem to mind.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Dan keep us informed about Pickles.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan: ACL tear, patellar luxation, collateral ligament stretch or tear, cartilage tear... A couple of days of rest and anti-inflammatories will usually be sufficient for minor issues. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

BTW, assuming the position to urinate or defecate can make the pain worse so they just avoid it.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS