Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today we should set a new record for temperature in October as we will probably hit 90 degrees. We are very hot and the north west is being blasted by snow, crazy weather.

We will be heading out Friday starting our way to Sevierville. I called Riverside RV park to see if there was a chance to get in early and they said they did not have a spot open in the park at all for the weekend of the 12th and 13th. She said they have been booked up for 2 months. Looks like it will be crowded.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

We will be heading out Friday starting our way to Sevierville. I called Riverside RV park to see if there was a chance to get in early and they said they did not have a spot open in the park at all for the weekend of the 12th and 13th. She said they have been booked up for 2 months. Looks like it will be crowded.

I sure wish I could make it up to Sevierville sooner. I work at an accounting firm (I am their computer guy) and we have an extension deadline for 1040s on October 15th. We changed tax software this year and this extension season has been as busy as the spring tax season. No way I could leave until after the 15h. We will be heading to Tifton, Ga on Friday the 18th. I plan on trying to leave work by 1pm and that will get us half way to Sevierville on Friday night. Then plan to be at Riverside by mid afternoon on Saturday 19th. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's still hot here in the Deep South. We did get a sprinkle of rain yesterday afternoon. Last evening Sue and I went out to eat with Allison to celebrate Sue's birthday.

I have been posting the old Fella Story on Face Book every day. The last post was about Fella and heart worms. Dan it seems everyone and his brother has bought campers this year and the new influx of people have made it tight to find a camping spot. I started looking two weeks for a campsite around here and all the parks were full. I am glad we booked in advance at Riverside.

Sue has gone to teach a bible lesson at the school. I have just finished with breakfast and now will get a shower, dress and then walk the girls. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Today we should set a new record for temperature in October as we will probably hit 90 degrees. We are very hot and the north west is being blasted by snow, crazy weather.

We're also starting Friday to slowly head that way. We've had the same HOT weather with the exception on one cold front that caused a train of strong storms to hit us for about 36 hours. We got 6+ inched of rain with lots of flash flooding. We're 88 today on my thermometer and due to get to the 70s tomorrow. Where is fall????

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Afternoon FOOFs.

I have been re-reading this thread from the beginning. I am now up to page 1409. The New Mexico Good Sams rally is over and Richard has just gotten back home after 3 blown tires and damage to his 5th wheel. I was trying to finish the thread again before the Sevierville trip but I don't think I will finish before then.

Sounds like many of you are getting ready to leave. I wish I could get to Sevierville before the 19th but the stupid 4 letter word gets in the way (WORK).

Burch

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is ninety degrees here right now with no relief in sight. Burch the trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico was an adventure. Actually when we pulled into the KOA Campground in Albuquerque before going on to the rally we noticed the camper was wobbling like a wounded duck as we pulled in. After getting settled into a site I examined the tires and discovered there were two tires with large blisters on them. The next morning we went straight to a tire store and bought two new tires. On the way home we were in Texas when one of the new tires threw it's tread off and knocked a hole in the bottom of the camper and pull about twenty five feet of wiring out of the wall. Dan Branson and wife Lori was with us and he helped me get back on the road.When we got home I took the camper to our dealer and the estimate was $4,000, worth of damage. Good Year paid every penny of it without question.

That was a wonderful trip, one that I will always remember. There were over 5,000 people at that rally, good exposure for Old Fella.

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those Good Year tires caused a lot of problems/accidents back then.

* This post was edited 10/01/19 10:22pm by SGTJOE *

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Starting Tuesday night we will be in the 50's every night. According to the Fall foliage forecast the Sevierville area will be almost peak while we are there.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We hit 93 degrees yesterday not only a record for yesterday but for the month of October.
But Fall will be with us by Friday. They are calling for a low in the low 40's

[image]

Like always packing clothes for our trip we are taking clothes for when it is hot or cold. [emoticon]

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning FOOFs

I received a disturbing text message from my second mom this morning. She is the mom of my best friend through high school and college. Her son was my room mate at the University of Florida. Her husband has Alzheimer's and they took him to the hospital on Monday and then to hospice yesterday. She said he only had days left and if I wanted to say goodbye to him I needed to come to the hospice facility soon. He was like a 2nd father to me. When I was in high school, I basically lived at their house. I didn't even have to knock on the door when I went over. I just came in and was like one of the family. After college, my friend moved away for his job and I was busy with my job. What bothers me is his parents live 10 minutes from my office. Time has gotten away from me as I have only been over to visit a few times in the last 25 years. Now I have run out of time to visit.

Anyway, sorry to start of the day with that but I am going to go see him and possibly say my goodbyes to him today during my lunch break.

Please pray for the family as they are a very tight knit group and this is really going to be hard on them.

Burch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS