Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next
DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dernhelm wrote:

Hello everybody. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Sevierville! How many will there be?.....

Hey Marsden, look what I dug up from the archives.

[image]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dernhelm

Las Vegas NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/19 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well lookie there, it's my DOTLs! All of those have transferred to the Rainbow Division, but their cousins Amroth and Nimrodel are ready to Defend here! (And no doubt Erkenbrand is still protesting, "I'm not a girl!")

Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Amroth & Nimrodel
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, Silverado Hybrid, GMC Canyon

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/19 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good afternoon

I took our motorhome to a local RV service center today in Sarasota. It's a family owned place. I took in the motorhome and explained the issue with the leak and showed them where it was leaking inside and told them were I thought it was leaking outside. The service lady asked if there was anything else I needed them to look at. I mentioned that the door handle assembly doesn't seem to stay tight and sometimes when you try to open the door from the inside the whole assembly will move and it a pain to get the door to open. Donna was with me and asked when they thought they would start working on it and Nancy (the service lady) said right now. I looked around and our motor home was already inside in one of the work bays and someone was looking at the door. I couldn't believe it! Every time I had taken it to camping world it was a minimum of two weeks before they even got it in a work bay. Camping world has always had it for 3 weeks or more each time I have taken it in to service.

I really hope they can get the leak fixed and it will be nice to have a local place to take the mororhome to for service and not have to leave it for a month!

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/19 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Dernhelm wrote:

Hello everybody. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Sevierville! How many will there be?.....

Hey Marsden, look what I dug up from the archives.

[image]

Good job Walter

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/19 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Good afternoon

I took our motorhome to a local RV service center today in Sarasota. It's a family owned place. I took in the motorhome and explained the issue with the leak and showed them where it was leaking inside and told them were I thought it was leaking outside. The service lady asked if there was anything else I needed them to look at. I mentioned that the door handle assembly doesn't seem to stay tight and sometimes when you try to open the door from the inside the whole assembly will move and it a pain to get the door to open. Donna was with me and asked when they thought they would start working on it and Nancy (the service lady) said right now. I looked around and our motor home was already inside in one of the work bays and someone was looking at the door. I couldn't believe it! Every time I had taken it to camping world it was a minimum of two weeks before they even got it in a work bay. Camping world has always had it for 3 weeks or more each time I have taken it in to service.

I really hope they can get the leak fixed and it will be nice to have a local place to take the mororhome to for service and not have to leave it for a month!

Burch

Hope they find your water leak and get it fixed.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day greeted us this morning when we got out of bed. Yesterday Sue and I discovered the cap of the camper is covered in pine tree sap. We tried using 3M adhesive remover and it worked, however it takes a lot of elbow grease and hard rubbing to get just one spot clean. There has to be an easier way. I called Ken, that's the guy who comes out and washes the camper to see if he had any suggestions, He's coming out this morning to have a look. Have to be careful of the decal so as not to harm it. so we'll wait and see what he comes up with.

Summer is still with us as temperatures are close to 90 during the day. The nights are cool in the lower 60's, but no real cold weather in sight. We need rain. Everything is turning brown and the plants in the yard have to be watered to keep them alive. We have lost some plants due to the drought, but for the most part Sue has done a good job keeping them green.

The fur gang is healthy and full of energy. Dixie has learned to go find her rubber Piggy when I tell her to go find Miss Piggy. She will run find it and bring it to me to play with her. It is her favorite toy and she will keep it close to her.

Okay I hope all is well with everyone. Sue just left with the girls going for a walk. I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/19 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Murphy got us up again last night. This time it was around 4am. She was panting and barking and jumping up against the bed. I took her out and she did both. She came back in and went back to sleep. I guess that happens to all of us when we get older. Have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. She was all feisty when we were getting ready for work so I guess she was feeling OK.

She still coughs a lot. Every time I think about taking her to the vet, the coughing gets better. Its really hard to get out of work this time of year to get her to the vet but if the cough continues I will try and get my mom to take her.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Burch

Dernhelm

Las Vegas NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/19 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tree sap? Have you tried Goo Gone? A little soak, a little scrub? Ought to work. So does lighter fluid, but wear gloves!

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/19 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Burch, did they find and fix the leak?

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SGTJOE wrote:

Hey Burch, did they find and fix the leak?

I don't know yet. I am hoping to find out today. When I dropped it off on Wednesday afternoon, they said they hoped to have it done by Friday. I told them I wouldn't be able to pick it up until Monday because I am leaving work early today to take my wife Donna away for the weekend. It is her birthday today.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS