Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/19 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone and thank you Walter for the pictures. I had forgotten that so many were there. That was twelve years ago, time flies when you are just cruising through life. I remember the train ride through the gorge and Gary gave Sue and I a tour of the air base. On our way home we came through the small town of Greensburg Kansas. It looked as if it were a war movie set The only thing left standing after twin tornados came through were the Post Office and a church.

Levi got sick while we were at the rally and we had to take him to a vet in Colorado Springs. It was there we got Fella a sling to help him up and down the steps on the camper and the ramp getting into he truck. Still have it.

I hope all is well with everyone. I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and bes sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 09/14/19 06:34am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/19 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. I have been suffering with pain in my legs for the past three or four days. At night I have had to sleep in the lounge chair with a pillow under my right leg to prop it up. The pain has been terrible. Last night I crawled into the recliner and went to sleep. When I work up at 6am this morning the pain was gone and I have been like a new person ever since, no pain at all. I can even bend over and pick up something off the floor. Hallelujah, praise the Lord.

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/19 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If only all health issues could be resolved so quickly.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're down in Branson so we can attend a grand niece's wedding close by. We thought we'd stay where the Old Fella rallies all started.[emoticon]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Walter look in the pavilion and see if Old Fella's picture is still there. ABC brings back a lot of memories. We had several Rallies there and they were all good ones. The first one we had folks from all over to attend, remember the parade we had, still have some of those pictures.

Our son Scott lost his Ollie yesterday from heart failure. He had been in decline for a long time and surprised he lived as long as he did. This was the first fur baby Scott ever really had and he loved that dog more than life itself. His mom and stepdad loved him also as they would always come to Augusta to pick him up every Thursday and take him to the country for the weekend. Scott would pick him up on Sunday, but on leaving he would always sit in the seat looking out the back window as Pat and George waved goodbye. Ollie learned to ride in the fishing boat and learn to watch Scott fish and get excited when fish were caught. Ollie had a bad heart valve that got worse as he got older. If there were such a thing as heart transplant for dogs Scott would have done that for Ollie.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scott's Ollie
[image]

* This post was edited 09/16/19 06:55am by Dixie Flyer *

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry to hear about Ollie. It is so hard losing one of our pets. I know Murphy doesn't have much time left as she is getting really old. I have a picture of her in my hand when she was 13 days old and she is now 16.

We are still fighting a water leak in the motorhome. We took a trip to LazyDays this weekend and we had a pretty good rain Saturday night. The paper towel that I have stuck in the screw hole in the ceiling was damp, but not saturated. The last time it leaked the towel was replaced several times as it was soaking wet. So it seems my calking and sealing is helping.

After it finished raining, I got the ladder and looked at the top of the slide roof. There was a little water pooled up on the roof of the slide extending just past where I calked the seam between the tape and the outer slide wall. I could only reach in about 2-3' on each side of the slide roof because the slide topper is in the way. I believe the next step will require removing the slide topper so I can seal the entire seam. Anyone ever taken off a slide topper? I won't take it back to Camping World and I have called two other service centers and they don't want to look at it. So I will need to try and repair myself but I am a little apprehensive about trying to take off the slide topper.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch, you may have located the problem. Look on each end of the awning and see if there is a lever that you could flip after you have it extended. Then you should be able to undo the levers that are bringing the awning out. You might even be able to undo the attachments while the awning and slide are in and then put the slide out. That way you wouldn't have to flip the lever. Good Luck.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like SGT Joe said remove brackets before letting slide out. Then put them back on after putting it in

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are some good videos on you tube. They show slide topper replacement, but show how to lock the spring mechanism and take off the brackets. I need to replace the topper on mine (and re-caulk the edge) but I think it's a little more than I can handle.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS