Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/19 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We finally got a few days in a row with very little rain. It is a relief to see things starting to dry out.
We still have a chance of rain almost every day with the humid temperatures.

We are starting to get things together and packing up the camper. We will be leaving for Sevierville Sunday for a week then off to Nashville. We have been trying to take our Grandson to see the Smokie Mountains and Nashville and we our finally able to do that.

I am looking forward to getting away for a few weeks.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/19 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

We are getting ready for our trip to Jetty Park for the 4th of July holiday. Our office is closed on Thursday and the partners decided to also close on Friday. Now I only have to use one vacation day for Wednesday so I can save a day for another RV adventure.

The Papillons got hair cuts yesterday and they look good. My wife bought a grooming table that will hold the dogs. I call it the torture table as it looks like two nooses hanging down from a pole. It really helped hold the dogs so she could trim them but they didn't like it.

Murphy got a bath yesterday afternoon. I was a little worried about her as she was shaking and acted as if she didn't feel good. She was down on her hips a little. I don't know if she was cold from the bath or what was going on. She sometimes walks like a robot when her back hips get stiff. She was back to her ornery self this morning running around the house wanting to get fed. I worry about her since she is 16 years old but she still gets around well for an old dog. She is the only dog that will go up and down the motor home stairs. The little dogs are too small and Monty is petrified of the stairs for some reason. I have to carry him up and down the stairs and he always has the death grip on me when doing so.

The plan is to leave work around 2pm on Tuesday and head to Cape Canaveral. It usually takes us around 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. Sometimes going around Orlando can have heavy traffic but I am hoping that by leaving early, we can miss most of the traffic. We will be staying there until Sunday morning.

I hope everyone has a great holiday week. I will check in a couple times during our trip.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/19 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are still here but not able to go camping so far this year do to health issues. We have reservations in Colorado for the last half of August thru the middle of September but I may need to cancel. Charlotte will most likely need surgery later in July, we find out tomorrow.

Dogs are fine. We though we were going to adopt our neighbors small dog. They got a divorce and were not taking care of her but now one has stepped up and said they will take her. We will see.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool. It is very hot and humid here. Enjoy the week.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charles sorry to hear about the health issues. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. If Charlotte has to have surgery we pray that all goes well and for a speedy recovery.

Dan and Patty.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It was a hot one yesterday, but we got a thunder shower late in the day that cooled things down. Our prayers are going out for Charlotte. Hope she does well in recovery of her surgery. Boy it isn't safe at home anymore. In Oconee County a car crashed into a home killing a woman sleeping in her bed.

Last night we met with Allison and Ava with their husbands for a birthday get together at the Firebird Grille. The meal was great, so was the fellowship.

Old Fella is having a yard sale sponsored by the man who bought the old home place in Waynesboro. He said he was happy to sponsor the event because he now lived in the Old Fella home place where it all got started. I am told he has repaired the house and it really looks good.

The fur gang is well this morning. waiting on Sue to take them for their morning walk. Me, well I am fasting today getting ready for my colonoscopy tomorrow. I am having a lot of trouble with my prostate. The medicine that helped me has gotten to the point I can't take it anymore because of the side effects. Last night was a bag night.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old Fella Yard Sale

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sandy and I also wish Charlotte well during her trials. You both are in our prayers.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's time to leave for the hospital so I will keep it short. I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 05:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone. It's time to leave for the hospital so I will keep it short. I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hope all goes well.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard hope all went well yesterday and you feeling good today.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July.
Also hope all the fur kids stay calm with all the fireworks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS