Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next
MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to take Murphy to the vet as soon as he can see her. Murphy is my 15 year old (soon to be 16) Jack Russell. Yesterday afternoon her snout under her right eye started swelling. I was just hoping maybe an insect might have bitten her but the swelling is much worse this morning. Her eye is about half way closed due to the swelling. This happened to her once before and it was an abscessed tooth. The poor thing is in a lot of discomfort. I am really hoping the vet can see her this morning. I have left a message and am hoping they call me as soon as they open.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

I have to take Murphy to the vet as soon as he can see her. Murphy is my 15 year old (soon to be 16) Jack Russell. Yesterday afternoon her snout under her right eye started swelling. I was just hoping maybe an insect might have bitten her but the swelling is much worse this morning. Her eye is about half way closed due to the swelling. This happened to her once before and it was an abscessed tooth. The poor thing is in a lot of discomfort. I am really hoping the vet can see her this morning. I have left a message and am hoping they call me as soon as they open.

Burch

Hope you can get is ASAP. And hope nothing serious.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Walter you might just as well turn around and go back to Florida. Winter is still holding on and it's just going to get worse the further north you go. There is always a place here with full hook up if you need it.

Burch I hope Murphy is okay. Maybe a bite from an insect or something like that is the problem.

It was 35 degrees here this morning when we got up. The high today will be 57, not cold but still not spring weather for the Deep South. I believe this is the week of the Master's Golf Tournament in Augusta. The early morning tee times will be cold but by afternoon should be okay. I remember the times I went there when the mornings were cold and you wore a jacket and by afternoon you were carrying the jacket around your waist.

Okay the fur babies are well this morning, We have a guest from Michigan with us. Mary went to school with Sue and they are the best of friends. I listen to some of the stories they tell on each other when they were kids and yes they were naughty.

I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and bes ure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 04/01/19 07:57am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an appointment to take Murphy to the vet today at 3pm. I was hoping he could see her earlier but at least I can get her in today. She is a tough old girl but I hate seeing her in pain. She still insisted on getting her treat this morning so that made me happy.

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was 33.6 degrees here setting on the Texas coast. They say it may be colder tonight. I hope not. Guy loves it, the colder the better.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like we are having a Blackberry Winter. That will be a good one for you to look up on the internet.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Looks like we are having a Blackberry Winter. That will be a good one for you to look up on the internet.

Never heard that term before.
Although I think it maybe to early her in Northern Ohio for that. But maybe not. To cold to track through the woods here to find out. [emoticon]

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch, sure hoping things work out for Murphy. I was thinking insect bite, but the continued swelling like that could indicate a tooth. My Doberman had both those things happen to her in her lifetime. An absessed tooth is no fun for people or pets. At least the vet should be able to give her something for the pain. Hoping he is able to help her.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

Burch, sure hoping things work out for Murphy. I was thinking insect bite, but the continued swelling like that could indicate a tooth. My Doberman had both those things happen to her in her lifetime. An absessed tooth is no fun for people or pets. At least the vet should be able to give her something for the pain. Hoping he is able to help her.

Dale

Murphy has surgery tomorrow for an absessed tooth. The poor thing. Her cheek is really puffed out and she has puss coming out of her cheek. I thought I was going to have to wait until Thursday but the vet didn't want her to be in that much discomfort for the next couple of days so he is able to get her in tomorrow. She had the same issue 7 years ago on her left cheek. I just worry about her being put under since she is old but she is a feisty old dog. She still acts like she is two. She wanted her treat when I came home to take her to the vet and was running around all happy to see me.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Murphy has surgery tomorrow for an absessed tooth. The poor thing. Her cheek is really puffed out and she has puss coming out of her cheek. I thought I was going to have to wait until Thursday but the vet didn't want her to be in that much discomfort for the next couple of days so he is able to get her in tomorrow. She had the same issue 7 years ago on her left cheek. I just worry about her being put under since she is old but she is a feisty old dog. She still acts like she is two. She wanted her treat when I came home to take her to the vet and was running around all happy to see me.

The good news is that once these teeth abscess, the attachment to the bone is much less so the trauma from "digging" out the tooth and roots is much easier on them. This is usually the tooth that has three roots and the only thing keeping them in the mouth is the fact that there are three roots (think a stool with 3 legs or a tripod). When the tooth is split, it falls out.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS