Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next
cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, glad you have answers to move forward on.

I just went thru that. I have severe diverticulitis and have had many colon polyps. Mother died of colon cancer. Just went for routing colonoscopy 12 days ago and he found a polyp he did not like and could not say if it was cancer until the biopsy results. It was a long wait but the results came back yesterday as not cancer but precancerous. That means a colonoscopy every two to three years but I will be fine with that. The diverticulitis often causes discomfort and he says some day I will need a bowel resection to remove the worst part. If it gets infected you will know, it really hurts but antibiotics clear it up. What I eat does not seem to make any difference.

Dogs are good, Daisy is waiting for summer and Guy is loving winter. Waiting for camping season to get here.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charles that was some good news.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy St. Patrick's day.

Spring is right around the corner. After Monday we will start on a little dry spell with the temperatures getting back to normal. Weather man said we could be in the 60's by next weekend. Yes 60's I am looking forward to 60 degree days because that means 70's are not that far behind.

Enjoy your day and don't drink to much GREEN beer. [emoticon]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/19 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Charles for the post. Are you and Charlotte coming to Sevierville in October? It would be nice to see you.

Dan you get excited about it being 60 degrees. I get excited when it hits 70 degrees. Next week we will go back to the mid 50's, that winter for us. There is also a threat of frost one or two nights. I will be glad when we really have spring and then summer, can't wait.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

G etting a "new to us" 2007 Lance 915 truckcamper next week. My husband and I were married 29 years ago on St. Patrick's Day.

camping buddies - my husband,">
17 yr boy,18 yr girl,19 yr girl">
American Eskimo - Baby
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

G etting a "new to us" 2007 Lance 915 truckcamper next week. My husband and I were married 29 years ago on St. Patrick's Day.

Happy Anniversary.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

Congratulations on your anniversary and on your new Lance camper. I have been praying for you and your husband since you requested it and just wondering how you'll are doing?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's chilly outside this morning at 39 degrees. Sue and the girls have gone for a walk while I finished breakfast and type on the forum. Lizzie has disappeared, but she is somewhere close.

Things have been quiet here, just taking it easy, Last night son Scott called and wanted to meet us in Savannah the weekend of April 20th so I guess this will be our first outing of the year. Sue has a friend she went to school with coming for a visit the end of this month. She lost her husband and she is lonely so she decided to come South for a visit.

Sue just got back and said it is cold outside. Old Fella sent 48 puppies and adult dogs to the rescue in Salem Massachusetts Friday morning. It's amazing how this all worked out for everyone concerned. All of those souls finding forever homes so far up North.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Old Fella sent 48 puppies and adult dogs to the rescue in Salem Massachusetts Friday morning. It's amazing how this all worked out for everyone concerned. All of those souls finding forever homes so far up North.

That is awesome! Old Fella's presence is still felt after all these years.

My electrician friend came over on Saturday and installed a 50 amp receptacle for the motor home. It will be nice to be able to have full power to the motor home instead of the 15 amp circuit I was plugged into before. Now when I need to do a good inside cleaning, I can run the air conditioning without having to run the generator.

We just got past a tax deadline on Friday so have another month to go before things quiet down at work.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are doing well. Jeff has been in remission for over 6 years now. Still taking the colostrum and working.

Need some prayers now for my brother and his wife. He was just diagnosed with prostate cancer and she is fighting her 3rd round of cancer.

* This post was edited 03/19/19 09:01am by agteacher *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3100  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS